Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if advancing the ignition timing 2 degrees will help my car perform a little better...???

i have my intake cam advance at 2 degrees and my exhaust retarded at 2 also....plus how do i know i advanced it 2 degrees or not....i dont have a "dail-in" timing gun.....just the one with the flashing lite......rite now its at stock 16 degrees....if i advance it 2 degrees...is it goin to be 18 degrees o 14 degrees....??? and will it help my car perform a bit better....???

·
Registered
395 Posts
We just had a post on Timming, It really doesnt create more "HP" on a stock car setting. When I did it my car was at 14 degrees, and I advanced to 18 I felt it was more smoother throughout each gears when accelerating. Also found it gives you more travel for your gas (mpg). I didnt have a timming gun so I got mine done at the shop for 40 canadain. Not to shabby. If you have a timming gun and your confortable with how to use it theres a thread on how to adjust your timming here:

created by: swiftllamagone

Advancing your Timing

If you have anymore question on anything esle, try the search or check out the articles there very informitive, if you cant find what your looking for just create a new post.

Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recommend it, I'm sitting at 18 degrees right now, was at 15, I noticed quite a nice difference. Not earth-shattering but noticeable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool....

i tried the search button....but i couldnt find anything on ignition timing...thats why i posted this up....

so advancing it would give better acceleration...??

rite now its sitting at 16 degrees...if i advanced it 2 degrees...does that mean its gonna be sittin at 18 degrees or 14....???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool...alrite thanks....

so...from hearing what most of y'all said...i should benefit a little....if not a whole lot.....from advancing the ignition correct....???

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
the gas milage is better and the acceleration is not as lagging, but torque steer is a minor problem, and i found that with a higher octane gasoline, the car drives better with 18degrees, may not for you, but mine does.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool..thanks guys.....

i should be doin this pretty soon....maybe later on today or tomorrow.....and again...thanks...

·
Registered
244 Posts
if i advance my timing on my b18b to 18degrees, ill need to use higher octane gas right? so do i got from 87 (what i use now) to 89 or 93?
thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts