Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting my teg prepped for My first dynotune since I've owned the car. I need to check the ignition timing and make sure it's where it needs to be for my setup before going in for a smoother shorter day of tuning. Was wondering what my timing should be at for my setup, whether it's fine being at stock or if it needs to be advanced or retarded. Idk where it's at now but before I find out, would like to know where I should set it to if it's off while I'm their. 96 integra LS b18b1 non vtec t3t4 turbo on 5psi. Has Eagle H beam rods, Brian Crower stage 2 turbo cams, hondataS300, Deatschwerks 1000cc injectors at I think 35%, AEM 340lph fuel pump, Nippon turbo pistons, ARP headstuds, 38mm wastegate and ARP headstuds. Has more but don't think it's relevant. Surely the tuners will check timing before dyno pulls and will adjust if we're able to turn up boost, but jw what should I be at with it being at 5psi now for when I show up? Done tons of searching but still don't know if I should run stock or since it's only at 5psi.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
i may be wrong in saying this but from all the tuners i know they will set the timing if need be.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i may be wrong in saying this but from all the tuners i know they will set the timing if need be.
Yeah I know they will and he said they will if need be, but said if I don't want to be there as long and have a smooth process and get it on the dyno without being there for more than 5 hours to check it and get it where it should be and then they'll be able to adjust once we start to turn up boost and make adjustments for good AFR and power.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So on their list of things to do to for prep before coming to your appointment, I'm just trying to do all I can to 1. not have any extra charges/fees cus they had to do extra and 2. Not be there all day and also have as much info on my car for what it's at right now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your tuner isn't checking base timing and adjusting if necessary, take your car and run. That's a standard first step before any tuning begins.
Okay. Nah I know they will and he said they will plus adjust to what it should be if we turn it up. But he also said to check the timing, compression, make sure rings are good ect. Just from their list of to do things before showing up to tune so that we can not waist time and actually be able to do pulls. Which I plan on doing, but if the timing is off I'm wondering what I should set it to with running 5psi.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your tuner isn't checking base timing and adjusting if necessary, take your car and run. That's a standard first step before any tuning begins.
I'm going to VIP Performance in Portland Oregon. You can check out their website and see what all it says what to expect for your dynotune plus what to do to prep for it. They do mostly honda builds and seem really legit..

·
Administrator
4,561 Posts
Okay. Nah I know they will and he said they will plus adjust to what it should be if we turn it up. But he also said to check the timing, compression, make sure rings are good ect. Just from their list of to do things before showing up to tune so that we can not waist time and actually be able to do pulls. Which I plan on doing, but if the timing is off I'm wondering what I should set it to with running 5psi.
Base timing should be set to stock OEM 16btdc, and then adjusted through the tuning program throughout the tuning session. Your tuner should already know that

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Base timing should be set to stock OEM 16btdc, and then adjusted through the tuning program throughout the tuning session. Your tuner should already know that
Okay, Thank you!! That's all I was wondering. I mean that's what I figured is 16 at only 5psi but can't hurt to ask. Appreciate it, I'll be putting an update post when I get back home with results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.