Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my ignition switch went bad. My car starts up and dies as soon as I let off the key. Has anyone had an experience with this?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
If you lived in Phoenix, I would let you test with my spare (yes I have a spare, long story).

Personally I don't think that it's the switch.... They are pretty tough.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
might be your starter-- i had that problem before --
changed it and everything was great after that-- they run about $80 plus core charge from your local parts store like pep boys, autozone, advance autoparts whatever

goood luck if its the switch-- dealer only item and around $75

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no... it WAS my ignition switch. I already had it replaced.

thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
WELL! this same problem has happened to me. grrr!

how do you fix this?

i called acura and they said $250~ for parts not includin installation.
---cant handle $250 yet.

you think the s2000 start button feature would help any?
i mean i get it started and let go of key and it dies. really annoying. the s2000 engine start would be alot cheaper then buying a damn igntion switch. think it would work ir would i HAVE to replace the switch to get it to work properly?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
the switch is connected as a whole assembly-----lock, tumbler, and ignition switch, so youll have to have the keys remade for that, or have 2 sets of keys.
btw: i have the same problem

$250 suks ass, ill try taking it apart and see if i can repair it, could be worn connectors

·
Registered
269 Posts
you guys think the s2000 button would be a good alternate to buying the parts from acura? if i can use the s2k start button while my ignition is messed up i dont see why i would have to buy the parts from acura. instead buy a $60 button and be done with it...IF i dont have to fix the ignition before i put in a start button but if i fix the ignition why the hell would i want a start button? you know?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts