Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my 97 Integra GS got broken into and they took my steering assembly off and cut my ignition switch wires trying to hotwire it. I replaced the ignition switch with one from a friend's wrecked integra of the same year but now the car won't crank or make any noise when I turn the key and none of the dash lights turn on. I'm pretty stumped as to what could have been ruined because of the wires that were cut and I would really appreciate any help that would get my teggy started again

·
Registered
689 Posts
Congratulations for having to deal with a minor issue as oppose to dealing with a completely gutted theft recovery. My car was stolen and stripped to a bare shell few years ago.

Is your friend's ignition switch operational? Those tend to go out considering car's age. It appears that there is a disconnection between the ignition switch and ECU. Check for additional wire damage post the ignition switch. Do you have an aftermarket alarm? It is possible that they have messed with it too. I'm almost certain its wire related. Likely intentional to cause you a headache, to retaliate after they failed to steal it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts