Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just came back from my local friend/mechanic's shop, which happends to be a Mieneke. Well, long story short I had them do me a compression test on my 1995 Ls and it came out 110-118-112-110. Just after closing the hood and leaving, my car gas light came on and i was like o man I need gas. Just as I said this, my car sputters twice then dies. A fter numerous start attempts I run to get gas, come back, fill it up wit 2 gallons of gas, and try to start again. Nothing, just turns over, crank turns, engine sounds as if it is going to start, but no startup. The mechanic and I take the plugs back out, regap them according to stock specs put everything back all nice and tight, but still nothing. Well then we took the distributor apart and no spark was going to the coil, so we went and got a new ignition module and put that in. Closed her up, started, but still same deal. Nothing but turning over. Well its come down to replacing the ignition coil, but that will come tomrw as they are closed now. Anyone have any ideas of what else this could be? Perhaps anyone have any compression test problems in the past? Any feedback will help tommorrow, if this new coil doesn't do the trick.

Stumped,
-Matt

·
Registered
130 Posts
Check your rotor and cap. I had this same problem last week and it turned out I had a cracked distributor cap.

·
Registered
133 Posts
dohclsvtec on Mar/31/04 said:
I think i made a mistake on my compression numbers. I'm pretty sure I meant to say 210-218-212-210, I don't think it's possible to be that low. Especially on an Ls with only 85k miles on it and people on here have had like 200 all around with 140k miles. Sorry.
How come your numbers are so high? I thought the LS came from the factory originally with 199 psi/cylinder. I may be wrong...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts