Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i'm sorry if i'm not posting in the right forum...
I currently bent 6 valves, so i have my local shop fixing the car. They sent the head out etc... and they just finished putting the car back together. However, they were unable to make it spark, so now they ordered a new ignition coil and some other ignition part. This fixed the problem, but my question is how did these 2 parts go bad when the car was just sitting at the shop. The engine turned on before they took the head off, so how did it suddenly go bad. I'm curious to find out if it's possible for this to happen without them screwing something up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, with minimal modifications (IHE), would i benefit from installing a performance coil? Or should I wait until some of the rest of the project comes together down the road? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
The best thing to do in a situation like this is to ask for the defective parts, it they aren't a core. Ask for these parts in person, so they don't pull something off a junk motor. If you later find these parts are not defective, then you have something to argue. Electrical parts can just take a dump for any number of reasons, so your guess is as good as mine.

Stick with your stock ignition, until you seriously affect the dynamic CR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.