Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Danny50 on May/13/09 said:
Honda was able to make these numbers without the added weight or expense of a turbo. If they were going to incorporate a turbo, Im sure they would have used a much cheaper motor.

Exactly my point.

Everyone clamoring for a factory turbo teg needs to realize that actually getting that would have resulted in the non-inclusion of VTEC.

We wouldn't have gotten both

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
But it might have been if they hadn't poured all their time and money into the design and implementation of the VTEC system

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Even if Honda produced a modern factory turbocharged car, buyers like us would still be dissappointed. It's not like you would stick with the stock turbo system. You would end up replacing the turbo (and wastegate), opt for an equal length manifold, larger downpipe, etc, etc... Look at Evo/STI/SRT4 owners/enthusiasts. It costs just as much to get a factory turbocharged car to the point where you're happy with it, as it is with a car that didn't come turbocharged from the factory.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
you guys are looking at this too realistically. the point of the post wasn't because I totally wish Honda would have turbo'd the Integra, but to get opinions from everyone on which turbo they think Honda would have chosen to best compliment each motor they put out. its not about power goals, or going the fastest, but which turbo best compliments the motor(s) overall.

or maybe I just can't word this right or something

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
You mean complement? I would say they'd stick with their Variable turbo that they used in the past on the Honda City Turbo and the shortlived C32AT Legend.

·
Registered
430 Posts
SRH_Integra on May/13/09 said:
Even if Honda produced a modern factory turbocharged car, buyers like us would still be dissappointed. It's not like you would stick with the stock turbo system. You would end up replacing the turbo (and wastegate), opt for an equal length manifold, larger downpipe, etc, etc... Look at Evo/STI/SRT4 owners/enthusiasts. It costs just as much to get a factory turbocharged car to the point where you're happy with it, as it is with a car that didn't come turbocharged from the factory.
it wouldn't be a monster for sure but having a factory turbo car opens up a lot of options for boosting power output. first off all the blocks are built a lot stronger and can handle more boost very easily.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
aSilvrHaze on May/13/09 said:
you guys are looking at this too realistically. the point of the post wasn't because I totally wish Honda would have turbo'd the Integra, but to get opinions from everyone on which turbo they think Honda would have chosen to best compliment each motor they put out. its not about power goals, or going the fastest, but which turbo best compliments the motor(s) overall.

or maybe I just can't word this right or something
That doesnt make any sense. Any turbo guy will tell you that there is no single best turbo for any given motor.

·
Registered
8,284 Posts
aSilvrHaze on May/13/09 said:
...to get opinions from everyone on which turbo they think Honda would have chosen to best compliment each motor they put out. its not about power goals...
No, it truly is about power goals and powerband placement. Without those two things in mind, nobody could ever suggest you a turbo... It's like recommending a bunch of Mexican food restaurants to a person who despises it, and wants Chinese food, lol.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Turbo selection is 100% derived from power/powerband goals. Without that info a turbo choice is impossible

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
24 Participants
Danny50
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing