Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, yesterday after driving to to shopping centre, while I was looking for parking my idle jumped to about 2k and wouldnt die down, since then whenever im driving and change gears the revs falls very slowly and it stills idle at 2k rpm. This morning I took off my IACV and FITV and cleaned them both aswell as my T/B but nothing has changed. The only way I can get my idle to go down is to quickly rev it to about 6500rpm and then let go, and it will go down to about 1.5k rpm but as soon as I drive again, It will go back to idling at 2k rpm.

I am not sure what else It could be as I have also checked that the accelerator cable is not snagged and I tried putting in my friends MAP sensor but that didnt work either. I have a VAFC II and I am not sure if resetting the ECU would erase any tuning configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Jeremy..

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Trying bleeding the coolant. It's at least worth a shot, as maybe you have air in the system that's throwing off the IACV. This happened with my old Integra. It was idling at like 3,000 RPM, and all it needed was to have the coolant topped off and bled.

If that doesn't do it, pop the hood and run the motor (warm, after drivingt) while you listen careful for a vacuum leak somewhere. Blip the throttle from in the engine bay and listen for any whooshing or whistling. Any hoses that seem loose, tighten the clamps up. Check them for dry cracking or holes.

As a side note. Be careful driving the thing if it's revving up hard on cold startup. You can do damage to the motor or cause a gasket to fail if it revs up high on cold start. 2K isn't bad, but keep an eye on it.

-Nick

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Another cause might be a bad throttle position sensor. That can throw off the idle...happened in my Honda Passport.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thrasher865 on Oct/05/07 said:
That would almost certainly throw an engine code. Did you not have a code when this happened?

False... faults in TPS sensors are often caused by a dead spot (excessive carbon) in the TPS which is usually located were you commonly hold the throttle at. This problem is common on cars that are often driven at say... 3500rpm on the high way for many miles. Your TPS is a potentiometer, so is very easy to test but personally I don't believe that would be the issue.

It could possibly be due to a vacuum leak but there are so many different possibility's. You would be best by taking the car to someone who knows and understands Acuras.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.