Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 GS, with just below 149k. She usually runs at 900 RPM, but a few days ago it fell below that and the car died, but lights stayed on. I just couldn't start the car again for a few minutes. Halfway home the same thing happened and I died in traffic. After a few more minutes of waiting she started up again and made it home by constantly accelerating so the RPM wouldn't fall, we changed the fuel filter and he battery and my problem seems to be fixed but there is a slight misfire and she idles at 800 now. I plan on replacing spark plugs, main relay if bad, distributor and anything else I find may be causing it.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Is there a question in your post for us?

Are there any check engine lights on? I would recommend replacing wires, distributor cap and rotor to complete the tune up along with spark plugs. Stay with NGK or Denso plugs. 900 idle rpm is a little high to me honestly.

I would also suggest cleaning the throttle body, that will help with the idle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hope you've solved the problem. That type of stalling does sound like a bad battery, which you replaced. I'd recommend checking the alternator output as well (13.5V factory spec). I second macura2001 in writing that 900 RPM idle (& 800 RPM) idle is is bit high. Looking up the factory service manual (pg. 11-103), normal no-load idle is 600 RPM, and with-load is 750 RPM. There's a system troubleshooting guide on pg. 11-84. In short, also check the vacuum hose and IAC Valve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@PolarZero we changed my fuel pump relay, checked all my spark plugs and wires since the wires were new previous to me getting the car, but I am still waiting on a distributor cap and rotor. But on a good note, everything has been fine! I will definitely look into the vacuum hose and IAC as well. Where do you find a factory service manual?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts