Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the post on here about adjusting idle. I warmed the car all the way up by driving for a bit, parked it, while running removed the IAC connector. RPM's dropped roughly by a hundred as down to 450 from 550 where its been idling. I proceeded to adjust the idle screw and as i was turning it counter clockwise the car all of a sudden dropped to 250 rpm and didnt adjust at all. While i was adjusting it i turned the lights on which pulled the idle down more, would that be why or is something else the cause like the throttle body?

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, the idle screw really isnt supposed to be adjusted. Why are you adjusting it, because it was idling at 550?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think there would be a idle adjust screw if it wasnt meant to be adjusted. I managed to get it to idle at 700-800 after a second attempt this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
There is one there, but from everything ive read its to be adjusted basically as a last resort. But since it fixed your issue, can't be mad at the results.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a last resort in my case but may have been half the problem to begin with. I cleaned the IAC valve and it stopped hunting plus i replaced my fuel injectors and the sputtering at idle stopped. After that it wouldnt idle above 550 except when warming up. When i finally read up on properly adjusting idle i went to attempt it and discovered the previous owner had damn near stripped out the head by using too small a screwdriver and by not cleaning all of the plastic out of the groove. im thinking he just went straight for the screw instead of messing with the IAC valve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts