Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 1994 integra has been playing up, I put a new motor in it from a b18b to b18c.

When accelerating it starts to splutter and slug until getting close to vtec, I've narrowed it down to the o2 sensor, when it's unplugged it runs fine no issues however I brought a brand new o2 sensor and put it in and the same issue occured. When starting the car after awhile it drops down to near 100rpm looking like it's trying to relearn the idle but it does it every start.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only ngk or denso sensors are recommended.
see this:

Hmm I read it but I dont think it is the specific o2 sensor anymore, i tried the factory one off a b18b2 and the factory one off a b18c and the same issue occured

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more info: when half throttling around 2500rpm upto 3000 rpm it wont climb the revs just bounce around it and splutter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So my 1994 integra has been playing up, I put a new motor in it from a b18b to b18c.

When accelerating it starts to splutter and slug until getting close to vtec, I've narrowed it down to the o2 sensor, when it's unplugged it runs fine no issues however I brought a brand new o2 sensor and put it in and the same issue occured. When starting the car after awhile it drops down to near 100rpm looking like it's trying to relearn the idle but it does it every start.

Any ideas?
I had a similar issue when i rebuilt my head and tried starting it up, very low idle that fluctuated, and also i couldnt go past 50 percent throttle without hesitation/engine dying, turned out i had the throttle position sensor and manifold absolute pressure sensor mixed up, they both go onto the throttle body and have the same connector, try swapping them around, fixed the problem for me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts