Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stress this enough guys. Some drivers gotta stop being assholes!

I was riding with my sister in her car today and this BG-33P integra come zooming by at like 100mph when my sister is driving at 60 and cut in front of us. This happened at like 6 PM during rush hour traffic.

The car is decently modified with exhaust and drop/rims but what piss me off is he drove like a freaken maniac. Can some people think before they do something? If that dude wanna show off he should take his car to the track, why be so stupid.

Driving like an idiot is dangerous, it piss people off, puts your life as well as others lives in danger. I mean thats my family and friends driving out there too! If something happen to them due to a dumbass I dont know what I would do!

I KNOW and understand sometimes we wanna show off and thats normal, most of us want to do crazy stuff but some has senses and do it on back roads or just late at night, etc. Still dangerous yet that I can understand but 100mph in mid day traffic? Thats just lame!

Drive safely guys and dont bring bad name to integra owners and the import scene in general.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ya i have a friend who drives like this and sometimes he gets really close to killing himself and i just dont understand it

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
it's just not owners of S.C.C. it's always like that with other drivers... I was almost broadsided by soem idiot in a Impala on the freeway yesterday. My crappy Stock horn was not loud enough to keep him from attempting to merge like his life dependend on it into my lane while I am still along side him. he did it anway causing me to swerve into the emergency lane. When I passed him on the other side he looked at me and laughed.

Anyway, alvin has a point. The police and the general public already have a stereotypical impression about Sport compact car owners. Continuing to drive like maniacs will just make that impression worst. I remember some old lady bad mouthing me in the parking lot of a supermarked one time because my car had the same model and color of a car that hit her grandson's car and ran off. I was placed into a very awkward sistuation then, enough to make the cops come and it wasted my time...

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
It's just terrible how some people can have the complete disregard for others safety. Just recently here in Hawaii 2 drivers, 1 passenger and 1 state worker were killed in a freeway racing accident. Two lightly modded eclipses were said to be going around 100 when the crashed into a parked state highway truck setting up cones. The casualties were due to incineration of both eclipses, The state worker was just setting cones on the highway in the early morning while the drivers were heading back to Schofield Army base. The guys were suppose to be shipping out to Iraq later this year.

That accident has prompted the beginning of a new organization called C.E.A.S.R (Car Enthusiasts against Street Racing) It's still in it's infancy but hopefully it makes a difference.

Just take care out there, and watch out

·
Registered
89 Posts
idiot drivers make me sick. my friends brother died because of those idiots like them. his car was hit while he was driving home by some dumbass driving 100 mph, the idiot lost control and hit my friends brothers car resulting in having his car roll over 3 times and dying. also because of idiots like them, one of my friends was hit by a car on the freeway when he was repairing a flat, he flew a 100 feet and had to amputate both his legs, all because some dumbasses were racing on the freeway.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I have witnessed a few racing accidents and almost was involved in a few because people want to race on the highways. At one point I told a guy if he wants to kill himself thats fine, but leave me out of it.

As for a bad name, we already have one because of what happens all over. only a few people not involved in the scene respect it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that 99% of those guys who show off when they see another guy in an import - by zooming by 3 inches from your window, with their loud mufflers are simply homosexual and are trying to get your attention cuz they are gay and want to have sex with you.

Why else would they do it?

But yeah, that aggrevates me. I hope they crash and turn straight.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know some people who feel that just because they have a nice car, they have to race...EVERYoNE! It pisses me off, cuz it's scary! Save it for the track. Winning a race on the road proves nothing you didn't already know. Your car's fast...good for you, now let's see a slip.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Speechless on Mar/10/04 said:
I have come to the conclusion that 99% of those guys who show off when they see another guy in an import - by zooming by 3 inches from your window, with their loud mufflers are simply homosexual and are trying to get your attention cuz they are gay and want to have sex with you.

Why else would they do it?

But yeah, that aggrevates me. I hope they crash and turn straight.
I like this theory. lol

·
Registered
453 Posts
lol..i like that theory also..but yea i know what you guys mean..my cousin drives a riced out civic he thinks he so fast because he has a wing and all these other riced stuff.. so he races any and every car..even when they arent racing him..he does 80 on a 35 road all the time..then he'll try to say that his car is fast thats why he does that...its funny when i tell him to test his car out on me..but the stupid thing is he's actually very slow and theres no point of racing his gas saver car..he drives a HX..whats that like 5 whp..its such a torque monster that he said he beat a porsche with it..LOL

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I hear you guys, the police around here look at you and assume you race, I agree with most on here about pulling up next to you and enticing you to race them... I dont buy it I just look at them and give them this disappointed look or I look at their car and Laugh and let them speed off, I know my car looks good and I know it is fast but I dont need to prove it to everyone... Save it for the Track !!!!To many innocent people die because of everyone elses negligence

Michele

·
Registered
167 Posts
phenom3030 on Mar/10/04 said:
It's just terrible how some people can have the complete disregard for others safety. Just recently here in Hawaii 2 drivers, 1 passenger and 1 state worker were killed in a freeway racing accident. Two lightly modded eclipses were said to be going around 100 when the crashed into a parked state highway truck setting up cones. The casualties were due to incineration of both eclipses, The state worker was just setting cones on the highway in the early morning while the drivers were heading back to Schofield Army base. The guys were suppose to be shipping out to Iraq later this year.

That accident has prompted the beginning of a new organization called C.E.A.S.R (Car Enthusiasts against Street Racing) It's still in it's infancy but hopefully it makes a difference.

Just take care out there, and watch out
Come to South Florida. The grannies do it here! Then again they also go 10 mph on the freeway (exagerating).

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have this guy over here that owns an Integra that always brags about doing like 100-120 mph on streets over here........he's the one who is on his 3rd car

He wrecked a civic hatchback by running into the only steel reinforced mailbox in this county

He flipped over a four door gsr (I posted this up along time ago) by going to fast on the backroad turns and lost traction. and now he owns another GSR

Then I got this other friend of mine who drives crazy and in the end he wrecked his JDM front converted PY Type R(good thing is that he learned from that experience) oh and he didn't have a seat belt on

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
i understand the frustration of this thread but this will never end. all we can do is educate our members for now and hope that the current members set good examples for their family and friends. because the next gen of teg owners will do the same dame thing. not to mention other car owners too. its like asking everyone to stop streetracing. it will still happean and has been happeaning ever since there was a thing called EGO. its just impossible to stop. all we can do is learn from sharing eachothers thoughts and experiences. sadly, at the cost of other peoples lives.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
There was an accident a few minutes from where I live and right smack in the middle of my route to school. Some kid in a Pontiac Sunbird went to pass another car (it was a legal passing area) and ended up slamming into a garbage truck, which then broadsided a mini van with a mom and kid.

The result....the 20 year old kid died instantly.

The garbage truck driver went to the hospital with non life threatening injuries.

The mini van's mother went to the hospital and is listed in critical condition...thankfully the kid was ok.

This is what I tell everyone when they want to street race...just imagine a van out there with a mom and her kids...and you kill the mom...you'd have to live with that the rest of your life...those kids will never have a mother.

The irony of the story is someone called the police on their cell phone the day before to report the SAME kid for wreckless driving on the SAME stretch of road. I guess the cops didn't do anything...tragic...

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ALUCARD on Mar/10/04 said:
i understand the frustration of this thread but this will never end.
yeah I understand and agree completely. I just made this post because I felt like once in a while people needs to read this type of thing. Maybe in a way that would help them spread the word and help people realize there are better places to show off. I'm glad everyone here is with me on this. on other boards it seems like everyone is into streetracing and stupid stunts.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
"I just made this post because I felt like once in a while people needs to read this type of thing. "

I totally agree....yesterday's event that I posted about was a humbling thing...makes me think even more when I get my car out next week about driving like a human...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.