Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 gsr with a nice custom box with two 10's in the back. the system is awesome, but im gonna start going to the track now, and it is weighing me down a whole lot. i need some ideas on a box for two 10's that would look awesome and original, but easily removable when im gonna race. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
keep it the same that it is now....for your amp..get a old extention cord or somthin that has a male and female plug....on male put power on one and neg on other and n female do the same, makin sure that when plugged in they wont be opposite...then replug it in...u have sound u wanna drag unplug and take out...cheap and easy to do 10min job and u keep ur custom look...ive done this to many systems

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
integrag0d2047 on Aug/18/02 said:
keep it the same that it is now....for your amp..get a old extention cord or somthin that has a male and female plug....on male put power on one and neg on other and n female do the same, makin sure that when plugged in they wont be opposite...then replug it in...u have sound u wanna drag unplug and take out...cheap and easy to do 10min job and u keep ur custom look...ive done this to many systems
i dont think it is that easy man, here is a pic of my system, there is a floorboard, and a box bolted into my car under that, and the amp is sunk into the box also.

·
Registered
739 Posts
How much did you pay for that setup? If you did it yourself, what was involved, and price of materials? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
I have the same problem, plus my box is so heavy it weighs the car down, so the drop doesnt look like it should, looks lower in the back

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
funtion over form. since you already are getting rid of a custom box just get one thats made big enough so it wont slide around and you can just take it right out.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
i have a setup like tony4311. oh by the way tony... way to go with cerwin vega subs! they kick ass!

bottom of this page... my subs

I recently moved my amp from under the driver seat to mounted on top of the box. So if I do want to save the weight I just disconnect the power cords and pull the whole box out... amp and all. Its real easy! I'll post pix of the new setup if you want them.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
silvertegGS on Aug/18/02 said:
i have a setup like tony4311. oh by the way tony... way to go with cerwin vega subs! they kick ass!

bottom of this page... my subs

I recently moved my amp from under the driver seat to mounted on top of the box. So if I do want to save the weight I just disconnect the power cords and pull the whole box out... amp and all. Its real easy! I'll post pix of the new setup if you want them.
please do.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
here's my setup:

view from behind the driver's seat. Wires are routed under the carpeting, under the rear seats and through the middle slot between the two rear seat backs. Wires are held onto back of box by insulated staples which can be removed easily or not put on at all.

My amp is very low profile... about 3 inches (+/-) and fits underneith the rear deck no problem.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
as you can tell, i left pleanty of lead on most of the cables (ran out on some) just in case I want to reposition the box for any reason (if i get a tie bar it won't fit over the box) so I'll hafta move the box to the back of the trunk.

hope this helps... feel free to ask questions

1 - 13 of 13 Posts