Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Autosound crew, i have made a few additions to this article since yesterday..

got any more ideas of things that would be beneficial on that "quick" page (like one page explanation/step on something)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
How about the flexibility of parallel and series loads on speakers to increase the performance of a sound system?

·
Registered
285 Posts
My only suggestion would be to have someone work out the various wiring diagrams for subwoofers for examples: mono amp-dual voice coil sub / 2-channel amp to single voice coil sub. I have seen these diagrams before, but they were in a post not in the articles.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Size and depth of the stock speaker locations might be a good addition there Z.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
T94ls on Sep/25/02 said:
Size and depth of the stock speaker locations might be a good addition there Z.
Already there...
click here

The cap install isn't a bad idea. As for the parallel/series/dvc wiring schemes...that could take some work. Maybe a tutorial in how it works would be better.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Fog Lights directions and diagram, I just gave a TI member some advice and direction for 2 days now.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
How about the proper way to tune an amp. More specifically, exactly how much gain, is too much gain. Can i hook up a 1000 watt class D amp....to my oNE sub, that only handles 250? What exactly is that "other" dial on my amp...the one that says crossover. I think the high-low pass filters are obvious, but you never know.
I agree that a cap install would be very helpful. As would tips on a tuning a perfect sound stage..what are the best fade settings, etc..
And in a recent post, you said that you had your kicker in a 3.75 cubic inch box, tuned to 30 hertz. I understand all of that basically, but how exactly did you go about "tuning" to 30 hertz, i'd love to fine-tune my system, but im not sure how. Also, some type of easy system to calculate box size. Internal dimensions versus External Dimensions. Just a few ideas, and i agree that the article looks damn good so far. Good Luck improving on it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
actually speaking on the external sub switch dont you just have to put a switch into the REM line that goes to the amp, cuz I wanted to do that and I am wondering if that is the right way to do it?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TheTeggy on Oct/09/02 said:
actually speaking on the external sub switch dont you just have to put a switch into the REM line that goes to the amp, cuz I wanted to do that and I am wondering if that is the right way to do it?
absolutely

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
well, that answers that article :) Im really anticipating the one about "tuning" an amp/box/sub combo to hit the lowest of low's.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tuning usually equals calling tech support of who makes the woofer and saying:

"if i want the box tuned at ___ hertz, what size does the box need to be and what dimensions does the port need to be?"

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
that would be great....really great actually. But unfortunately i already have my box/amp/sub setup. I was just hoping to maybe turn a dial, and presto...sounds even BETTER than it does now. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts