Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Awhile back I found a topic that tell you how to read the online posted diameter for header, cat and exhaust. Now I can't find that topic anymore. Incase some of you have saw tht topic before please help me on this. Correct me if im wrong.

online posted diameter for
Header is the Inner Diameter
Cat is the Inner Diameter
Exhaust Oouter Diameter

Thanks

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
This site has always used the convention that we state sizing by tubing diameter and not piping diameter. In other words, we go by OD.

piping sizing is ordered as ID.

tuning sizing is ordered by OD.

When you go to Carsound's website they quote the inlet and outlet cat diameter sizing as tubing.

Most people list exhaust sizing as tubing even though it's mistakenly called piping in the common laymen's terms (eg. A-PIPE, B-PIPE).

my Hytech header, for example, is considered a "2.5 in. collector header" (i.e. 2.5 in. OD) but when you measure the collector ID it's 2.45 in.

So when we're taking sizing here we try to be consistent so there's no confusion and stick to one way which is so far OD.

To get the ID , you just need to know the gauge of steel used and that will give you the wall thickness in inches and you can subtract that x 2 t from the OD.
hope that clears it up for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.