Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have a JDM spec SIRG 96>which has a OBd2A system.

I have now a Chipped Mugen P72 OBd1 ECU to be used on the Engine, however it seems that the IAB does not open, but the car has quite the power.

What or how needs to be done for the IAB to open completly just like when I have the Ecu OBD2A stock plugged.

I was told this needs to be done at the Intake Manifold it self.

Any suggestions??

Rishi

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
kelly covered this before.

search under IAB first.

it's better to start a thread with that baseline than to rehash that basic all over again.

once you've read that thread, then come on and say what you know about it and what further info you need.

that's the whole point...you don't start from a blank sheet with zero and so the discussion can move to a higher in depth level.

Otherwise we just end up rediscussing what was already said.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Why not just run your stock 95 OBD1 P72? Or you don't have it anymore?

The chipped P72 you have probably has the IAB's disabled. It was probably programmed for a single runner intake manifold. All you need is for someone to burn you an EEPROM (chip) with a stock JDM GSR .bin file.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
the SiRG uses the dual stage IM though. The Mugen Chip is for an ITR (single stage IM) and has no IAB activation.

But instead of spending the bucks on an ECU reflash, why not just spend the same cash on a single stage aftermarket IM?

That dual stage SiRG/GSR IM runs out of steam at 231 cfm @ 28" vacuum @ 12.5 mm max cam lift which translates to maxing out well below 190 whp with stock SiRG and GSR cam max lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.