+ new tran
+ new tires
- 214XXX miles

heres the linky

linky

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Take it to a mechanic for a buyers inspection first, the car could have problems that will bite you in the ass a few weeks down the road... seriously, its worth the money. If it all checks out, go for it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
looks pretty good to me. new tranny and tires are a plus too. i say go for it also and give it a lil tune up if ya get it just to make sure everything is all good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
ishbog on Sep/05/07 said:
Take it to a mechanic for a buyers inspection first, the car could have problems that will bite you in the ass a few weeks down the road... seriously, its worth the money. If it all checks out, go for it!
thats what i meant lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anything i can look for in the parking lot? and what would a buyers check out cost so i dont over pay? i dont like paying for people to work on my car

·
Registered
904 Posts
pretty much like a state inspection. Tell them your wanting to buy this car and you need it looked over. shouldn't be more than $15. It's $12 in missouri

·
Registered
74 Posts
if ur just gonna look at it check for leaks in the engine compartment and check the oil and other fluids, timing belt wear. testdrive of course and check how its shifts, if breaks feel good, if suspension feels good. but the best way is to take it to get tested. hope that helped.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah...should i see if i can "borrow the car for a day and him take mine...is it worth it? i can look at it on my own time...i dont work for a while or school.. till friday...so i dont HAVE to drive it.. it can just sit in my garage....what about that? im new to trading cars...i bought this one outright.......ahhh

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah if thats cool with him i say sounds like a plan. also u can look up ways to inspect used cars on the internet and make ur own checklist and run through those once u "borrow" it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
You really should have the suspension inspected. That turned out to be one of the main sinks on my 94'. At that age, probably all the bushings are toast, and their are a ton of them to replace. The ball joints, control arms, and tie rod ends may be worn out as well. Check the rear calipers and see if the park levers still work, and eyeball the trailing arm bushings while your back there. Look at the torque mounts on the engine too, they might be torn. Basically, if it's rubber, check it.

I hope I'm wrong though. Good luck with the buy.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i gotcha...check the rubber gaskets..but if those pass it shouldbe good eh? im gonna check all the piping and resorvoirs and suspenions and brakes and clutch and tranny..and stopping power and accessories...then im gonna check acceleration ; ))))))))

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.