Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well previously I thought that the integra throw was perfect, and that less would just cause problems without a lighter flywheel. I always loved driving my girlfriend's CRX and then driving my Teg because the shifts comparably felt SO MUCH closer.

Well now the tables are turned. I am driving the CRX daily with a Tenzo shifter installed (it was previously broken and threaded even lower too). I am driving the teg now and then. Man when I get into the teg and try to drive it, it's a real pain in my ass for the first couple of minutes, then I get used to it but still miss the shorter throw. Now and then I'll let the clutch up a little too quick, and that's no good.

Hmm, so what to do, what to do? Maybe I should look into getting one, after driving with one for a while, I really don't think it will hurt the clutch at all, even with a heavy ass flywheel. Has anyone used the neuspeed one? I'd really like to pick that up, but as always I prefer to buy used and cheap, but I never see it. Any comments on the DC one? How does it look with the stock knob? Will any silver show? I'd rather it didn't.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Short throws don't hurt clutches or syncros.

Trying to shift faster than the syncros can keep up does. If you like a short throw get one, just don't try and slam from gear to gear like superman.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Yea, Integra's have a a pretty good throw for stock, I drove my friends 93 accord.....holy crap, my elbow was a good ways past the seat shifting from first to second.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I've heard alot of good report about the skunk2 short shifter. It retains stock height while giving a shorter throw. So, I'm persuming no metal will show with the stock shift knob. TheGSRGuy has a DC sports shifter, you should ask him if you're looking into that one.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have the good ol ebay shifter lol...S shaped to bring it a little closer to me and then a Tenzo R weighted shiftknow and I love the setup...whole cost was $65 including the shiftknob and the shifter.
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
StyleTEG on Feb/29/04 said:
Short throws don't hurt clutches or syncros.

Trying to shift faster than the syncros can keep up does. If you like a short throw get one, just don't try and slam from gear to gear like superman.

Yes exactly! I think as of now I'm just too used to not having to flick my wrist so far. I wonder if a short shifter will make second any worse. It can be a biatch sometimes, mainly when its cold.

Quote: disasnguy on Feb/29/04 from the last time i drove the CRX, i'm pretty sure the shifter was stock. the knob sat much lower than the teg though. i couldn't see the shifter at all. that could've contributed to a "shorter" feel.
Without a doubt not stock.

·
Registered
470 Posts
That site says Skunk2 STYLE...
I doubt it's the real thing for $50.

But... they include Skunk2 decals!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have the B&M shifter and it doesn't have a bend in it, putting it closer to the cup holders. But it's counterweighted nicely making for some really solid feeling shifts. just an opinion to help you make your choice..unless you're already sold on DC. throw in some bushings while you're at it

·
Registered
24 Posts
i had a dc w/ tenzo knob. i loved it i just got a new gsr and the throw is so far compared what i used to. imo, i short shifter is a short shofter.dc,skunk,tenzo,neuspeed,solo. as long as they have the bend, they are all aabout the same.imo

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have the Neuspeed. I love it. It is a quality part. I have never heard of anyone breaking one. I think its worth the money. I'd get it Louse.
Cody

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My friend has a Neuspeed short shifter on his 91 Civic and swears it shifts like butter now. He previously had a B&M and said the Neuspeed was much better.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well there are a few reasons why I want neuspeed. Not importantly, I like them and they make quality products, I have a high respect for them. And more importantly, it's black, its steel (I believe), they won't break, umm, there may have been other reasons!

Also I was fortunate to find something very interesting and I am going to get a neuspeed one for very cheap. I am going to have to keep it a secret for now but I will tell you all about it later.

The shifter I'm going to get is actually labeled to fit '88-'95 Civic / CRX '93-UP Del Sol, so I can definatley make it fit the teg. I made a teg shifter fit in the CRX, but the bottom part was too wide, I needed to dremel a bracket out, so if anything it may be smaller, which wouldn't be a problem. All else fails, this goes on the CRX and I get what was previously in it.

Also, I already have bushings myself, and this comes with some for the CRX. I was going to buy these anyway, so I'm killing two birds with one stone. I'm actually quite quite happy about this, I can't wait till it all goes through, then I can tell you guys all about my dirty little secret too!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.