Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoil-er that is, too bad platinum doesn't cure lame jokes ;)

Installed my spoiler afew weeks ago. While I thought it was a factory one, turns out its not. Simmilar, but alittle different. I bought it used, under the name "factory spoiler", but oh well. I like how it looks, and its unique.

Install was something me and my dad did, which was cool. He had done it before so it went pretty smoothly. Though I almost cried when we drilled the holes through my hood. Aligned perfect, very secure, looks good yay =)

I also put my second coat of platinum on my car today. I really love this stuff. Very easy on and off, gives my car a very rich red color, plus a great shine.

My hood, kinda cool the blue sky and the red paint mix for a pink/purple color :D

Here is a passange side shot of my car, you can see the slight difference in the spoiler vs the stock.

Crappy picture, but you can see how the whole car looks with the spoiler.

Up next? Lowering (order my shocks afew days ago), then shaving the side moldings and painting the stock mirrors.

=D

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can hook you up with a free sample tommarow, enough to do 2-3 coats at least :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
question: do you plan on wiring the 3rd brake light to the led in the wing? or are you going to use the stock rear winshield one? if you ARE going to hook it up to the rear wing led, would you be willing to sell me the rear windshield brake light?
let me know! and btw, your car looks great! just drop it and keep it clean! and maybe some all red tails

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have thought about the red tails, I am thinking the 98+ or the candy apple red tails would look good.

I do plan on wiring the wing light, havn't done it yet. When I do get it installed, and as long as it works fine, I will PM you about the winsheild brake light.

Thanks for the feedback =)

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
we should start a thread of reflections off of cars.

looks good.....nerd

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Style, As usual your ride looks great! You are an example for us all.

I think the amber tails look good. Are you sure it's worth the expense to make the change?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
spoiler looks cool. (sssh... take off your mudflaps!
)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
i got my Type R spoiler of a wrecked type R that had been almost stripped by people buying stuff of of it, the spoiler was still there, man i jumped on it sooo quick. $140

·
Registered
156 Posts
StyleTEG on Sep/12/02 said:
I have thought about the red tails, I am thinking the 98+ or the candy apple red tails would look good.

I do plan on wiring the wing light, havn't done it yet. When I do get it installed, and as long as it works fine, I will PM you about the winsheild brake light.

Thanks for the feedback =)
sweet! definitely let me know!!!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FlyinHighImport - I got my sample from a special deal an online company was doing. They stopped unfortunetly. I have extra though, so I will give you some to use tommarow.

Carcrazy - Thanks for the compliments. Hmm, I am not sure 100% about the taillights. Seams like all red tails on a red teg might look cool? I havn't seen it in person so I am just speculating.

NeoSilverTeg - I bought it used from a guy on this forum. He said it was a factory spoiler off of a 2dr LS. Apparently it is slightly different. I think it might be a spoiler for a 4dr possibly?

nospeedlimit - Thank ya, I like how it looks. I would take the mudflapps off, but I live on a dirt road. Which means everytime it rains I have a brown car unless I have mudflaps ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
StyleTEG on Sep/12/02 said:
Though I almost cried when we drilled the holes through my hood.
I feel that StyleTeg, whenever I put my spoiler on, drilling those holes tore me to peices inside. I was so freaked out they would be off by a little bit.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
ross the spoil-er (lol) and the car look great man. boys and girls, this is why he is our detailing man.

oh and thats cool about the lowering. hope it all works out great for ya buddy.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Platinum is a polymer sealant, kinda like klasse and zaino. It has an incredible appearance, and longer duribility than carnuaba waxes.

Our detailing forum sponser has it, you should definetly check it out!

ChaseKB, me too, but they lined up perfectly! Used masking tape and rulers to measure it out.

Thanks Alex, I hope the lowering goes well too. With six year old suspension bolts, I have a feeling its not going to be easy.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Very nice ride Style. I nominate you for the next ride of the month. Looks like man-whoring is paying off.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry, my 100megs of daily bandwith was used up early this morning somereason. Working on getting it fixed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts