Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing first, the timing belt cover has a gaping hole. I've read that all B series motor are similar externally so does that mean I can I just take a timing belt cover from any B series engine in the junkyard and use it as a replacement?

Secondly, I live in California (yes yes, Commiefornia), and as most of you would know emissions is a killer for car modification. I know I have to get my car Bar'd (and B20s are bar-able with some effort). Would I have to get a CR-V ecu or can I get a chipped p75 ECU. (I'm thinking I'm probably going to have to go with CRV ECU? because the engine says its running lean).

Third, The timing belt cover broke because the previous owner doesn't know what to do with the motor mount and post mount. I've looked around in the forum and can't seem to find any answer and I'd rather not have my timing belt cover break on me again. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do for the post mount and engine mount? I know I have to replace the driver's side post mount but I don't know what I have to change it to.

Edit: Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this post, and more so for any advice you give.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well I cant tell you much because I dont have a b20, but if you post a pic of your cover I can compare it to mine and tell you if it's the same. Other than that I'm not much help. Good luck, I hope you get it sorted..I love these cars.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I think you need to have a B18 post mount from side of the engine. Not sure about the covers, probably need B18B timing covers, so it goes around the mount correctly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a B20b in a 98 integra. But over here in Las Vegas, we have classic plates for cars that are 20yrs old & 25yrs. So we can get smog check exemptions.

That being said, It ran on an obd2 P75. But not very good. Tried a stock obd1 P75 and had same issue. It ran lean and lacked power. Tried a B20 basemap & that didn't work out well either. But I know basemaps are only made to get your car to a tuner. So I Had to get a custom tune from a tuner with a dyno & a wideband. Was not cheap.

Being California, emissions are gonna be a *****. It depends on your chassis age and engine age. I know the rules are " engine swaps have to be the same age or newer".

So what year is your integra ? And what year is the engine ?

As for the timing cover, I know the top & rear parts are the same for all G3's. But the bottom half is different based on the year. So lower timing covers are the same for 94-95. And 96-01 are different to accommodate the different oil pump & crank sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts