Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to this forum stuff. but this is my first car and i want to learn how to fix some of the problems myself. but i don’t know where to start??? i have a power steering leak, ac leak, oil leak (can’t stop there can it?) valve seals need replacement, sun roof motor is messed up, my passenger door does this clicking noise when i lock it, exhaust clamp broke so it loud right under me. front window has cracks? i don’t know where to start. my stepdad is more of the car dude, but i know how accepting some might be. i just want to learn. like where do i start

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Start with what your comfortably doing. Exhaust clamp should be an easy one. Door lock should be able to search and find out what’s wrong. Used parts or parts store you can get to get replacement parts.
Oil leak should be able to pinpoint that after a clean. AC leak find out where. Power steering rack that’s a whole mess with valve leaks. That job can go to the car guy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh nice I'm glad it's a gsr, the ac you're gonna have to take to a mechanic for. I know most ppl don't want to hear this but I would just take the power steering off. I took mine off after it was leaking and never looked back, feels better when your driving and only really is tough in parking lots.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay so the thing about the ac is it’s leaking from one of the most expensive lines in the car. that rubber coating around the metal was bouncing from the vibration onto my header and slowly came to the metal, and made a huge gash in it

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
okay so the thing about the ac is it’s leaking from one of the most expensive lines in the car. that rubber coating around the metal was bouncing from the vibration onto my header and slowly came to the metal, and made a huge gash in it
That's a line that'll need replaced, and then the A/C system recharged.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In Illinois, you will be ticketed for a cracked windshield. They won't pull you over for it, but when they pull you over for something else, they will give you a ticket for the cracked windshield on top of whatever else (loud exhaust, lol) they stopped you for.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You can find cheap used ac lines on ebay or offer up or online salvage yards. if you get it shipped to you. But if it was rubbing on the header, I would check why. There is supposed to be a top bracket holding the lines that connects to the upper radiator support. And a lower bracket holding the lines that connects to the lower rad support.

If those are missing, I would source some.

As for the leaks with oil, you can go old school with a sniff test, clean, look for leaks.

But the pro way to check for leaks is to buy some dye from the auto parts store. Get a mini hand-held UV light, and some yellow glasses, this stuff usually comes in a kit. And is less than $40. You clean the engine, put the die in the oil, run the car for 15-20 mins or go on a drive around town, pull out the UV light and glasses and you will see exactly where the leak is.

That being said, most common oil leaks are oul pan gasket, valve cover gasket, and the seal that goes on the oil cooler on the back of the b18c.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts