Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thats it folks, my 95 LS is toast.
Driving with my friend in front down some very popular twisty roads I come out of a corner behind him and I go to pass him down the stretch. So I drop it to third, go flying past him, and as I'm almost redlining third I do something ridiculously bad. As I got to pop it back into 4th I somehow slip it into second. Blame it on the techno I was bumping or my overactive glands but I dropped the clutch and never looked back. My poor little motor screamed like an F1 engine, pegged the tach as far as it could go, and a few miliseconds later BANG! Well, you would think, and hope, that the head gasket would have gone first, but no such luck. Pronounched dead by myself at 11:10 pm I found my poor motor lying in a pool of its own oil with the #2 slugs connecting rod clearly visible, where it had punched a hole in the side of the block. Adios old friend, it was great while it lasted.

Anyway, always making the best out of the situation I've decided it's time for VTEC, and I'm going to buy a 98' GSR that I had thought about buying even before my poor LS bit the dust.

Anyway, just thought I should inform TI of another death in the family.

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
ouch

at least you know how to look at the bright side.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I always try not to rev past 7800 rpms, but the damn rev limiter is set at 9300, what am I supposed to do? Anyway sorry to hear about your teg, good luck with the next one

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, its sad to see her go. The crazy thing for me is the rod, I know theres bent/cracked valves in the head (it rattles), but how often do to you shoot rods?

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
FrankGSR on Aug/04/02 said:
I think it'd be cheaper to just drop a b18c1 in your busted LS :)
thats what I thought he was doing until I read that,and then reread his post.

why dont you just get the engine and tranny??

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A few reasons:
I want a 2dr
Leather
Tranny
Newer teg, less miles

Overall I've always had newer model GS-R envy, and this guy is giving me a freaking steal of a deal on this car. (Nothing wrong with it, he got it certified).

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
sorry to hear that man, i can only imagine how much that must suck.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, blame it on the techno. DAMN YOU DJ SAMMY DAMN YOU!

But really, I was washing the oil splattered all over my engine compartment with tears...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Can I just say "ouch" again?

·
Registered
713 Posts
hey my freind did the same thing twice while racing my car and nothing really happened.. just sounds louder, but im still worried if anything happened to my car thats not noticable... you think there might be something wrong even though i dont notice it? or am i jsut REALLY REALLY lucky. i do notice my whole car vibrate a little while on idle. anyone know why it might do this and know how to get rid of it. michael delaney where are you.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i wish i could force myself to over-rev the motor just so i could replace it, but i couldn't do that to her. itd be like stabbing her in the heart.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well that really sucks..And I know there's no way to make you feel better about it, but here's a shot..
You got to hear a teg hit 11K..so you can say you know what it sounds like to hear a teg at 11 grand..hehe
Sorry bout the misfortune, and best of luck t'ye

·
Registered
395 Posts
man, im sorry about your loss. Same thing been happening to me lately (4 times) when i've been racing on the highway. Everytime i shift to 4rth gear when hitting redline on the previous gear, the transmission seems to not want me to get into it. So ive shifted into 2nd going 90+ at least 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Luckily, i suffered no major loss.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i did that on the drag strip... luckily i got the clutch in before anything got busted. yay. i love old posts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts