Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been smelling weird on the inside lately like it's damp or something and I've been looking for wet spots in my car. I couldn't find any so I decided to check the hatch area and all the carpet back there was dry too. So today I needed something that was under the carpet in the hatch and when i picked up the carpet I had about 4 inches of standing water in the spare wheel well. AHHHH could it be leaking through my tail lights?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it's coming from the hatch seal cause When I was the car and open the hatch theres no water on the carpet or anything else so it's coming from underneath the carpet or inside the plastic covers and running under the carpet. What a mess though

·
Registered
997 Posts
its commin from the lights i had the same problem....silicoln the lights.....or take all the paneling arouud the hatch off and get someone to sit in the back and spray water continuoulsy on ur tail lights and all around the hatch......my guess its the lights bc i had a little pool my self....good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well mine has it when it rains REALLY hard, not when I wash my car though. There is a little flap on the drivers side of the car under the carpet inside the trunk, when you drive it opens up (I made my girl sit back there and see if it opened one time with no seats or any carpeting, that was hillarious) and I was thinking since my pool only comes when I'm driving that maybee the tire was kicking little by little up there, but if yours is coming from just standing there thatn I probablly would check out the little foam pad that is behind the lights this will get distorted or something whenever you take your lights out so make sure it's all sealed with that little foam piece.Well, hope this helps.

Later,

Sean C.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
I have a 94 and had the same problem. It really sucked! Then I changed out the set for a newer stock set that had been pre-siloconed and with a newer gasket and poof! Never again!

I bet you have condensation in them too... look closely!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts