Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, lemme explain my situation.

I bought a 91 RS G2 w/ 140k miles for 2700 about a month ago as I was in need of a car. My original goal was to get a GS-R but I didn't have the money but needed something to move me around for now.

So here is my question do I save for a 95 Gs-r or keep the G2 and mod it?

I have 2400 in the bank and about a 2.5-3k resell value on my current car.

This car will be one I'm keeping thru college(I'm 16) so I need a good base to start off of and I am mostly looking for performance, not looks.

Thanks

And if this isn't the right forum, sorry.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
If you want a good base, start with a GSR. Equal modifications, the GSR will make more power.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I was in a similar boat except that I had an automatic g3...I did mod it a bit but in the end my girlfriend ended up buying it off of me...she got a sweet ass deal let me tell you, anyways I bought a 94 gsr with 140,000 miles on it...lets just say that is blew my friends teg rs away...we switched car and his car is easier to drive but my gsr is soo much faster...he now wants to buy a gsr engine and transplant it!
Do yourself a favour and save your money for a gsr...a g2 gsr would be super sweet!

·
Registered
542 Posts
i say keep the car if it is in good condition no rust and minor dents and just save for a b16a, the engine is a direct bolt in and will use the shift linkage and axles you have in your car, which means you pay for the engine so 13-1500 and put it in yourself or get someone to do it, but bottom line it will cost less than buyin a new car and you can keep the car you love if you love it, just a suggestion

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'll keep your G2, and just fix it up, do some fun "restoration" to it. Just swap the engine bro, usually comes with a tranny. Get all of your old parts replaced, including suspension, and your G2 will be as good as new. Get a nice paint job and your ready to roll.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i third the gs-r, but i'm biased being i have one....although i've seen some real nice gen 2's, that will just be a lot more time and money before you're on the same ground as the gs-r is stock...but go with whatever you really want, if in the beginning you wanted a gs-r why not stick with it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
keep the g2 they look alot classier than a g3 imo. oh and a g2 gsr has been known to post better times than a g3 not make more power. only g3 i like is with a jdm front end .

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
if you are going to college, it would make more sense to have a newer more reliable car.. older cars are gonna have more maintenance expenses, plus the g3 gsr's just look awesome, your only 16, got a few years before college.. get a gsr

·
Registered
121 Posts
G3 GSR if you can buy it and have some money left over for college...

Otherwise, just pretty up the G2, I have seen some sweet looking ones

1 - 20 of 27 Posts