Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, it's me again chris. hehe, i went along and ordered the widebody kit, despite what a lot of people said about that red integra with the drift front and r32 tail. i think it's cool, unique, and for hot import nights coming up, i needed that extra attention. plus gives me something to do, cuz i got bored after finishing up my deck into the vents.

the widebody kit cost me 250 bucks. eh not bad, and lol believe it or not, i ordered it off of ebay. it's made by vis, it's fiberglass of course, but very strong. too bad i have to mold it into the body. It's not a direct bolt on replacement fender (talkin about front) i knew i'd have to screw em in on the back.

anyways the kit doesn't go all the way down to the skirts. it's like half a fender. lol sort of say. you have to take the side molding off, then when you put the kit over the fenders, it covers up that side molding part, and that's it. it covers it just enough to the bottom part of the indent for the side molding, the rest is up to you to mold it into the body so it looks like it goes all the way down.

it was packaged GREAT, big giant box that i could fit into. haha, and it had the bubble wrap and a bunch of tape so it's all nice and in there. the kit fits like a glove, everything lines up.

also i recently got a type r front lip, and sent one of my shock to my lambo doors back for warrenty cuz it didn't hold up my driver door anymore, it's cool since it's covered for free. i onknow how long though, lifetime maybe? don't quote me, i know a replacement shock is 60 bucks, like for bad install or whatever.

anyways i'm so excited to install everything, of course i'll have pics, and sorry for the crappy quality, i took the pictures with my nokia 3650 camra phone, don't know where my sony digi cam is. oh and one more thing, would REALLY REALLY appreciate advice on what to get for side skirts and a back bumper, i was leaning towards the wing west rs side and back, if anyone else has any ideas as to what "flows" with the type r lip i'd really appreciate the info. and for you 56k'ers sorry for so much pics. thanks in advance, and hope you guys like the progress/style i'm going for in my 2nd gen teg.

of course that's just what it'll look like, i have to take the old lip off, and screw in the new one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hehe, ok thanks sean. in the first minute of posting there was already more than 30 people viewing it, wow. anyways thanks for all the comments guys. and yea i'm excited, will install tomorrow and i'll try to get pics up. that is unless i'm tired from shaving the side molding off the doors.

what you guys think, keep the handles or no handle...or sedan back handles (no key hole)

and if i shave my antenna...what replacement antenna would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I've said this in the other post with the red Teg that had R32 tails, I definitely ain't a fan of the wide body. As for the door handles, I'd go with the rear handles off the the 4 door. If you go shaved, you'll need a system to pop your doors open and if your battery dies..... you're f u c k e d. Think about it like that. Or you could shave the handles and leave the hatch lock alone so you could climb through your hatch when your battery dies. Up to you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry, i been REAL laggin on the install. i been out of town down in LA, and various other places, just bought a new car, sunburst orange chevy avalanche. yea yea i know it's a domestic, but i like it.

another reason is beacause i'm having a hard time with these stupid lambo door hinges. i can't start anything until i get the fenders back on, the reason why it's off is because the driver side shock for the hinge went out, shipped it back under warrenty and i haven't recieved a replacement yet. annnnd i'm having the worst time to line the door up properly on the passenger side. the fender is on (stock fender) but the door just doesn't line up.

i was so frustrated with that side because it stuck out past the fender a little bit i just started to kick the sucker, basically i got a bunch of dents, lol oh well, it bent the door in to line up with the fender, not perfect but i got something better to work with. so the basic body work will fix them dents and it'll be nice to go.

also the lag is beacuse i'm shaving the side moldings, and well...i didn't start yet, hehe, i'm going to weld the holes shut as well as a long plate of sheet metal and lay down my fiberglass, and i'll call it a day.

as for the shaved handles, yea i think i'm going to rule that out and go with the sedan handles, considering the fact that my hatch key hole is already shaved, and well i just know i'm ma leave the headlights on, or the didn't close the door all the way or something that'll drain the battery and no power to pop the doors open.

anyways i'll keep you guys all updated, and since my front bumper is off, i'm running my necessary pipings and going to mount my intercooler so it's less of a hassel later on. lol i'll have an intercooler but no turbo yet...waiting for all the parts to come in for my internals. 12:1 compression with turbo is asking for trouble. anyways time to get to work. ttyl.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If your afraid of having the battery drain. Then install some extinsion posts, that have covers on them. My girlfriends dads service truck has some in the fender well. Just hook up + and - and charge it up and your good to go. Just gotta figure out where to mount them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hum.....that's a great idea. now i might go ahead and shave them handles.

oh btw, does anyone know what kind of screws i should use to screw the panels onto the car....i find that'll be the only way is to put a bunch of screws into the panels straight into the car, then mold the sucker in and suff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts