Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i posted about a month back about if anyone knew of any sprays to spray paint my interior from the tan color to a black color and so far ive taped the car completely off of what i dont want painted and ive sprayed it all gloss black after scrubbinb and cleaning everything, I have to say it turned out pretty damn good the interior looks almost brand new. except way shiner lol.. The plastic, carpet, dashboard etc etc is all black and looks amazing now but i have one slight problem... my seats are still tan as well as my seat belts. and i dont want to leave them that color. So if anyone knows of any Sprays or Dyes that i can do to my seats? I didnt want to use the same spray cans that ive been using on the plastic/carpet because i was afraid it would rub off on my clothes and stuff so. Any help would be very appreciated. If anyone knows of any sprays/dyes that i could find at Walmart that would also be even better. Thanks

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
i think your safest solution is to find someone who is going from black to tan and trade seats or just buy some, i think you're more likely to ruin the seats if you try to change their color... the seat belt might be do-able but i'd go to like a craft store and ask someone who works there

i know it's not what you wanted to hear but i'd hate for you to ruin your seats and/or your clothes every time you get in your car... you could just put seat covers on? not as cool i know but it could work out alright

on a personal note ive seen some black/tan interiors that look pretty cool, you just gotta make some of the accent pieces tan and it could look pretty balling and unique as not may other tegs will have that color scheme

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
thunder2709 on Sep/21/07 said:
i think your safest solution is to find someone who is going from black to tan
because that's a real frequent occurance... lol.
also try to stay off craigslist in your search. stolen parts FTL

·
Registered
33 Posts
You are a braver man than I. I've got a black teg with a tan interior. I replaced the tan floor mats with black ones and that was it. Wouldn't mind having the rest of the interior black but it seems like it would be a messy job.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I was thinking of doing this and i was told by many people that it doesn't work as well as people let on it does. That it rubs off eventually, flakes off the carpet, etc.
I would personally if i did the carpet and everything i would just get some black seat covers or black/red seat covers they have some really nice looking custom fitted seat covers on ebay.

I wouldn't personally paint the seats, if your not gonna swap them or get covers, GO to a upholstery place and see how much to get them upholstered black.. It can't be too much but i'm not sure.

I'd like to see some pics too.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
codenamezero on Sep/21/07 said:
Don't dye the seat covers... is pain in the ass, i tried it, the dye doesn't even want to stick to the fabric that much...
Putting the cover back on the seat was long and annoying. You better off getting some leather seats from GSR or something.
who was talking about dying seat covers lol. long and annoying.. that's funny.. isn't it odd how just the dumbest little things piss you off so bad..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As for pictures ill try to get some to you guys asap ill take some with my phone. So far ive got the seats still out because of wanting to spray or dye them but as for the comments ive gotten im guessin i shouldnt anymore lol, my second option was going to a honda junkyard and find some black seats i could just buy, but i figured if there was a dye out there that worked i might as well try it lol because if i didnt spray my whole car myself it would have costed in the 1000$'s to replace it all black by a professional and instead it only costed me about a weeks worth of on and off labor and probably.... 40-50$ in spray cans and painters tape, i wasted like 40 cans though lol and about 1$ per can. As for the flacking and the rubbing off like somone replied up in the post i was worried about that on the first coat so i just decided to put two coats on it all and it works better i did the whole scratch test on parts i took out to spray, and the first coat scratchs off if i scratch hard and the second coat of spray only comes off if i serouisly scratch at it for a few seconds so ya.. I think it will be alright i will naturally get a few dings here and there though but no worries just gotta try my best to keep it lookin good :p Thank you all for your opinions and advice helped me out by making my decision

·
Registered
24 Posts
i've though about doing this on my 91, although seems like it would be labor intensive, and why not just buy new black carpet instead of dyeing the old stuff? seems like you would be able to get new carpet for about 100$ or so, and i know in my car it needs new carpet anyways so it really wouldn't be a waste

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
B18Ch1ck on Sep/21/07 said:
because that's a real frequent occurance... lol.
lol, i know its not common but it happens... i had a guy offer me his 99 black cloth GSR interior plus cash for the tan leather in my 1996 SE... i might've taken him up on it if it had been black leather and if i thought that would've looked good in my dark green car...

i just couldn't see it looking right tho with a green exterior...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.