Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, I have driven my Type-S almost daily since I bought it in May 2002. I just passed the 13,000 mile mark and have some observations:

BTW, this car is completely stock.

1. This car is either getting quicker as the miles increase or the stock tires are going to crap. I know the weather is cooler now, which adds some power, but I've never had the tires start squealing on dry pavement as i-VTEC engages at about 6000 RPM. on hard acceleration in first gear from a rolling start, it pulls nicely. Then, when I hit 6000 RPM, the tires will squeal noticably from 30 MPH until I shift at about 42 MPH (redline). Then, when I shift into second, I get some serious wheel hop until it finally settles in.

2. Everytime I get into the car and drive it is just as exciting as it was when I first got it! I can't really share the driving excitement, however, as most passengers get angry if I drive the way I do when I'm alone.

3. While I loved my two previous Integras ('87 LS, 98 GS-R), I do not miss them at all while driving my Type-S.

Now a question: What is the best way to minimize wheel hop? I know I could search and I would probably find something about stiffer motor mounts. Has anyone solved this problem on an RSX?

·
Registered
189 Posts
there is someone who makes a damper for the engine not sure who but i know they sell it on jdmhondaparts.com

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
5zigen makes that damper it's pretty cool stuff,it's supposed to be used for really hard launching cars and high horsepower motors though.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
You can get a set of Z1 traction bars, motor mount inserts, or that shock thing they speak of. Motor mounts will cause your engine to transfer more of the shaking to the passenger compartment supposedly, but I do not know how much from personal experience.

And glad to hear you still have love for the integra family
!

·
Registered
368 Posts
firedc5s on Feb/01/04 said:
es motormounts will cure the wheel hop
Yup ES MM's are great. J's racing also makes a Torque Damper which is the "little shock" people have been speaking of. Oh and the stock tires are sh*t.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
It's because the tires are cold...You aren't getting any grip..I never got wheel hop until it got cold out.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
launch under 4
torque dampener [clubrsx.com]
or es MM [be warned they make your car rattle]

It's FL but here when it's cold out. I break loose so easily.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I don't know if theres a big difference between the gsr and rsx but the es motormounts didnt " cure " My wheelhop . They did settle it down alot . Also since my lsd it seems to have gotten worse !?

·
Registered
31 Posts
A better spring/shock combo will help tame wheelhop by better controlling suspension travel and stiffer bushings in your suspension will help too. Each of these will also have other positive effects - suppress rolling, improve steering response and overall better handling, but at the cost of ride comfort of course.

J's racing makes a torque damper, which in my opinion helps but is not worth the money, from personal experience. ES motor mount inserts are the most cost effective.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts