Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last week i met up w/ some fellow TI.net'rs to go drag racing. ( i wont mention there names and i will say why). Im on the west side of MI, and they were on the east side. In the MI forum there's always been a rivalry... east VS west side. of course west is the best an own3z all but thats another topic... They have a drag strip called Milan. and we have one called Martin.

Martin was just rebuilt and is an amazingly beautiful track and milan is old and bad conditions. I hit a 14.7 last year w/ Intake/exhaust in my 95 gsr and they said it was cuz its downhill. And some of you hear may remember that... and know martin as the downhill track. lol

I decided to take a trip with them to milan (2 hr drive) to see what i hit this year... well i was unsatisfied. I only hit a [email protected] SAME as last year and i have a jdm 4-1 header, high flow cat, B&M FPR, and clutch... but i was happy cuz i at least tied my best time last year on 'the uphill track'. I also have new rims/tires and i got 2.1 60'fts all day. THe rest of the TI members got some pretty bad times... worst than last year and some worst than stock. I'll let them talk about there day if they feel free. Oh and it was about 55 degree's out.

Last saturday i went to my drag strips opening day. I only got 3 runs in and it was HOT as hell. about 85 and super humid. 2 of my runs were only a 15.1 @90mph.. i was very upset. Next saturday is our michigan team-integra.net BBQ and we're meeting at martin. hopefully I can beat my 15.1 i got this year. My clutch was also slipping like no other that day . :-/

so let the record stand... i hit a better time this year so far on 'the uphill strip' rather than 'the downhill track'.

cliff notes: best time of day [email protected] w/ 2.160 ft.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I was embarrased with my 14.9, But as far as what is done: ITR header/test pipe/intake/50 shot dry. I pulled multiple 15.3 runs but I was trapping 96 and 97 mph. I need to get my 60ft down.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
yeah i was the one who it slower than stock...the anger level was high! i get tires, exhaust and intake and i go a half second slower than i did last year!
...milan is a screwed up track that can suck my balls

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Matt_Of_MI on Apr/21/04 said:
yeah i was the one who it slower than stock...the anger level was high! i get tires, exhaust and intake and i go a half second slower than i did last year!
It happens. Everyone has those days that they aren't proud of. Just practice your launches.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Hakamoto on Apr/21/04 said:
Quote: Matt_Of_MI on Apr/21/04yeah i was the one who it slower than stock...the anger level was high! i get tires, exhaust and intake and i go a half second slower than i did last year!
It happens. Everyone has those days that they aren't proud of. Just practice your launches.
i had perfect launches and amazing 60 ft times...its just the rest of the track that is horrible. for the weather conditions that we had, everyone should of had amazing times but eric was the only one that was close to his prior one

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
man...i would think u would get the low 14's with ur set up...come to GA and race...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts