Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - I actually found a place that sells drop forks. I was looking all over for these, too bad they are a 1.5" drop and not the .75" drop I was looking for. I was under the impression that suspension techniques made these a few years ago, then stopped production.

Heres the site.....
http://www.speedimage.com/HTMLs/susp4.html

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
it's a shorter lower fork... instead of making shorter spring, they make shorter fork.

pretty good idea, since you're running "normal" springs, which lets the shock stay in its "normal" operating range.

just wonder how close it gets that fork to the axle now.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
those actually came out about 3-4 years ago... never was a popular item, i guess they thought it would be like dropped spindles on trucks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
most likely you'd bottom out more and the body would hit the ground more, altho the stock shock/spring is still operating at the same distance, but your wheel gap is much smaller, but the range of the motion is still as big, it didn't work that's why no one bought it!!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
i don't see how it's any different in those respects to lowering springs.... i don't think they're as bad as you're making them out to be.

nobody bought them b/c they're not as hyped up nor marketed.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
NorCalGSR on Feb/02/04 said:
I've always wondered what you do about the rear of the car, unless I'm overlooking something..
When Suspension Techniques was making their front forks, they also made a rear LCA that dipped where the rear shock assembly mounted. When I was looking to buy the set ST made last year I was having a hard time finding them, so I called ST to ask them about it. They said they'd stopped production on the forks and LCA's, one reason was b/c the rear LCA's were getting cracks from time to time. I'm kinda dissapointed they gave up, b/c I'm sure it's something that could be addressed and fixed, but I'm guessing that demand was too low to warrant the fix.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Damn, a legitimate way to lower the car without changing suspension travel, and I never hear about it?

You might not want to use stock springs/shocks with that, but you can get custom springs from Eibach. A .5" drop on 600lb/in springs should keep you from ever touching the ground...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts