Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Db1, the previous owner had the car stolen from him and when he got it back the ignition switch was annihilated, so I replaced the ignition switch but with that said I don’t have the ignition switch/ lock cylinder housing, so is anyone aware of a housing that will fit, or a keyless push button start kit that will work? I’m just tired of look like I stole this thing when I start it with a screw driver lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not just make it simple and purchase a new lock cylinder for the ignition & doors to match?

I have both doors re keyed, and I don’t mind having two different keys, but I can’t find an ignition lock cylinder for this car, no one has one. Also i don’t have the housing. Which Seems impossible to get right now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have both doors re keyed, and I don’t mind having two different keys, but I can’t find an ignition lock cylinder for this car, no one has one. Also i don’t have the housing. Which Seems impossible to get right now.
I could be wrong but i just looked up your ignition switch wiring connector on autozones website and it looks to be compatible with a newer model teg. you could always buy one of the cheaper ones from autozone for a newer model and try it. the lock cylinder doesnt need anything specific as long as the electrical connector will plug into it and actuate properly. the nice thing is that if you keep the receipt and it doesnt work you can always take the lock cylinder back to autozone and return it. or you could try a salvage yard but then you cant get your money back if it doesnt work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could be wrong but i just looked up your ignition switch wiring connector on autozones website and it looks to be compatible with a newer model teg. you could always buy one of the cheaper ones from autozone for a newer model and try it. the lock cylinder doesnt need anything specific as long as the electrical connector will plug into it and actuate properly. the nice thing is that if you keep the receipt and it doesnt work you can always take the lock cylinder back to autozone and return it. or you could try a salvage yard but then you cant get your money back if it doesnt work.
I have the ignition switch, I was just trying to find a compatible housing. I didn’t know if the 96 gs one would be compatible

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Db1, the previous owner had the car stolen from him and when he got it back the ignition switch was annihilated, so I replaced the ignition switch but with that said I don’t have the ignition switch/ lock cylinder housing, so is anyone aware of a housing that will fit, or a keyless push button start kit that will work? I’m just tired of look like I stole this thing when I start it with a screw driver lol
I just installed a JDI Jordandistributors.com push start into my eg only 125 bucks and it helps with theft u remove whole ignition watch some YouTube videos. I luv it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just installed a JDI Jordandistributors.com push start into my eg only 125 bucks and it helps with theft u remove whole ignition watch some YouTube videos. I luv it
It’s funny that you mention that, I just emailed them yesterday about sending my ignition switch in so they can make me a plug n play kit. They said the kit will be available in 4-8 weeks so now It’s just a waiting game! Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts