Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I didn't want to go through 20 pages when i searched for it so..... what brand of hyperwhite headlight bulbs look the best??

·
Registered
417 Posts
Depends what kind of look it is that you are going for...
Do you want really white or do you want a tinge of HID looking blue to your headlights?

there's PIAA, STREETGLO, BL HYRID and some others..

looks: super plasma, superwhite, hyper blue

In your profile, you say you have superwhites? what brand do you have? Did yo buy a brand that busted on you?

I have found the Streetglo to be very reliable high/low bulbs. The PIAAS are good for the corners.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Nokya Arctic White's have the bluish tint... however it's not very "usable" light. I had those in there (80W) and the light looked super white w/ a little blue in it up close... but from further away it was pretty bluish white.

Warning though, when I said it's not very "usable" light... I mean when actually lighting up the road they are dimmer than stock in my opinion. combine them with a good set of piaa fog lamps if you want to see good.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
NeoSilverTeg on Sep/08/ said:
Warning though, when I said it's not very "usable" light... I mean when actually lighting up the road they are dimmer than stock in my opinion. combine them with a good set of piaa fog lamps if you want to see good.
I'm gonna agree with him, I had a set of bluish lights and after the first time i drove them in the rain I couldn't see anything, I got rid of them that night.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I did the sylvania coolblue conversion. I used to have teh APC lights but those went out real quick. They're pretty cheap. I mean, I did only pay $20 for them so I guess you get what you pay for. But then again, I didn't pay much more for the sylvania bulbs... but sylvania is a more reliable name in bulbs (simply cuz thats basically all they make). I'd definately go with a coolblue or silverstar conversion. The cool blues are quite bright and its a perfectly white beam, I can't imagine what the silverstars look like.

·
Registered
655 Posts
what do you mean "burnt" your wires? i haven't noticed any negative effects with mine yet and I've had them for over a month and drive alot at night.

I don't think these will burn your wires because of the lower wattage. I could be wrong, I'm not Mike D. But the silverstars while higher wattage than stock (I think 60W?) they are lower than the Nokya, Piaa, etc. (80+ W)

·
Registered
634 Posts
the sylvania bulbs are ok because they are only 60W.. stock wattage is at 55W so its not a problem at all... dont use those Nokya or any other aftermarket bulbs that are 80W because they burn out your harness and you will need to replace it sooner or later... trust me! i have gone through this to know for a fact that these bulbs aren't worth it. Just get sylvania bulbs and you will be set. =)

·
Registered
549 Posts
ok, the reason you have wire burning problems is because it doesnt matter if a higher wattage bulb is hooked up to a low watt wire, its still gonna pull the power it needs, through the 9006 wires, cases of burnt wires are very few, but it does happen, so some people get it and some dont. Talk to xanaduce about this hes who told me when we were in his car, he also said that the wattage doesnt matter its the amperage, whatever that means.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've got the Streetglow xenon white bulbs. About $69 bucks a pair.
They shine a white light with a bluish tinge to the headlight and beam.

For the highbeams, I have the same bulb except different wattage. They are the best ones i've had so far. I started off with the bulbs with the really bluish light, but could barely see at night.

Here's their site:

http://www.streetglow.com/site/auto6.htm

I gotta get some pix on here!

·
Registered
549 Posts
we need to get xanaduce postin in here about his set up, he REALLY has it bright, I was riding in his car when we were comin back from moroso and was amazed, he did a 9005 conversion and his lights are so incredibly blue and bright its a wonder he hasnt been pulled over, but he hasnt for over a year now, next time I see him on aim Ill tell him to let all of you "in"

·
Registered
890 Posts
ace1972 on Sep/09/02 said:
I've got the Streetglow xenon white bulbs. About $69 bucks a pair.
They shine a white light with a bluish tinge to the headlight and beam.

For the highbeams, I have the same bulb except different wattage. They are the best ones i've had so far. I started off with the bulbs with the really bluish light, but could barely see at night.

Here's their site:

http://www.streetglow.com/site/auto6.htm

I gotta get some pix on here!
My Local Shop sells these for $20 a pair, he is an authorized streetglow dealer as well.

The lights, I'll start with the easisest thing to do. A product called blue magic, it turns brown, but clean your headlights, then apply this, let it dry and wipe it away. I did one light to see the difference in the two, and It was noticable.

The wiring: I cut the lines off of a wrecked Teg's high beams. I merely cut them and soldered them together, taped it and went on. This seems to work fine for me.

I also know that those bulbs are rated 80 watts on what your voltage should be. Even though we all have the same alternators, are voltages are going to vary slightly making some cars appear brighter then others. If the bulb is rated at 80 watts remember the line to the bulb may not be rated that high. Your trying to push somehting that is almost double the current though the same gauge wire, this could cause it to melt, and i take that chance, (every mod you chance soemthing, the question is what you are chancing though.)

I'm sure some people have had a wire melt, and others go without issues like me (knock on wood.)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Silverstars can suck my b*lls. I bought a pair back in March and both of them went out within six months. $40 down the drain.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have the nokyo arctic whites and it looks pretty good with a bluish tint and all but you cant see sh*t!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts