Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I got the HP Racing header in and installed about 2 weeks ago or so, and I must say that so far I am not disapointed with my purchase. Considering its a temp solution until I get my turbo manifold, Im pleased with the power gains (and they are sugnificant). I can burn through second, and "catch" it without trying. Which is imprssive to me. Maybe not a A+ product..but well deserving of a low to mid B.

The one draw back being the escape of heat with a noticable change in color to the header itself.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm glad to hear that the your HP header worked out for you. Enjoy it till you get your turbo manifold.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Hp racing makes great products At the 2001 SEMA that race header produced top HP gains on a civic-- i think about 2 more than the DC header and for much less--- i am selling my hp racing stainless exhaust on ebay -- let me know if anyone is interested--- i can end early--- its called Cannon and is a replica of the Greddy EVO and Apexi Dunk----bolt on!!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yes the exhaust needs of the B16 are very different from the B18. At HyTech I saw John's Civic Si and Integra Type R headers next to each other and they were very different in length, diameter, shape, etc.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Actually it was John who taught me that the Si's performance needs for flow velocity in the midrange changes the way he builds headers for them as opposed to the tegs. So, when someone touts that a header like the HP racing one is great on a b16a, it doesn't make me wanna rush out and get one for my teg if that was their selling point....

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I remember seeing an article in SCC on some sort of header test with a GS-R. The HP was down at the bottom, a very different story from the results it got on the Si. Kind of shows you where they started researching, too bad they never finished.

·
Registered
112 Posts
When are we going to see a dyno graph of the MD mobile?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
No and it's been killing me haha. Too much working (mainly for extra money to pay for my $2000 exhaust system haha) plus I'm out of town this week on the days I actually get off. Next week I'm planning for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts