Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the only real way to go is by getting a FULL exhaust system (headers, cai, cat. converter, and cat-back exhaust), but normally how much horsepower would all this together add? I already have the intake. Also what would be the best brand headers to get? I think I'm getting a tanabe racing medallion exhaust, and a carsound cat, so which headers are best for me?
Thanx All

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
I've noticed that you have a habit of asking very very basic questions here.

I suggest you really check out the articles. We really are interested in why and how here more than just short quick answers without an explanation or understanding.

The answer of how much hp can vary on the package but using a hybrid extra long header with a 2.5 in. collector and 2.5 in. system gained 20 whp on a B18C5 with tuning.

Common bolt-ons only packages like yours that use a USDM header with a 2 in. header collector, 2.25 in. cat, and the common 60mm or 2 3/8 in. exhausts run in the order of 10-15 whp gains with tuning FOR THE SYSTEM not just an exhaust or a header add on.

Unfortunately beginners like you fail to understand the concept of powerband location. You guys tend to focus on peak hp gains which is a huge newbie mistake.

As you get more advanced, you will realize that going faster or accelerating faster requires gains in a specific part of the rpm range and how wide or long the hp gain is over many rpms.

So it isn't how much will I gain? It's how much will I gain and where along the rpm range. You'll hear terms like average hp gain, or area under the hp vs rpm curve...these refer to the overall gain in power not just peak.

So in the articles we discuss what design features in an exhaust system affects WHERE your gains occur and HOW MUCH you gain. Again it is an emphasis on understanding why and how.

So please, take the time to read the articles first before posing these basic questions. If you don't understand something in them, just ask here.

We took the time to write them for beginners like you who know little and understand little so that you can answer these basic questions you pose frequently and therefore you can make an INFORMED decision on which product to get. The articles are the focus here NOT short quick answers that add little to your understanding. thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx man. I have read the articles though, and do not a little about exhuasts. I am mainly looking for horsepower gains in the lower RPMs ao that my acceleration will be faster, but I was looking at the tanabe racing medallion, and it gives you the most gain in the 4000 RPM area. Thanx man for all you help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts