Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I wanted to get some opinions about this budget set up that im working on just for the time being and tell me what you think ok?

My current mods as of right now are...
motor:(B18B btm blk & B16 PR3-4 head)~*LS-V
AEM V2 intake
ITR oil pump
ITR water pump
Auto Meter Oil gauge
Auto Meter Water temp
full system exhaust

Thats about it. Other than that everything is all stock.......

I bought a JDM Y80 hydro tranny a while back ago(no lsd though) along with a Fidanza Lightweightwheel and a Exedy stg 2 clutch... Im going to put all that in very soon..

Ok here is my question. I wanted to buy some ctr pistons along with ARP head studs and I was wondering if I would make any difference in power w/ JUST ctr pistons and would my car run ok with basically my stock internals,Or should i just wait? I would like to get a little more motor goodies but dont really have enough funds, i spent most of my money towards Tein SS suspension w/EDFC

ThanX YaLL !

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
oNISHIMA on Oct/07/07 said:
Well i dont have anything right now to tune it with.. I just have a stock p72 ecu but im changing that as will for stock p28.
I don't get it....? You have an LS/VTEC on a stock ecu?

Let's walk through this...how would these pistons affect your compression ratio?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Stock p28 is just as good as the the p72 without a tune. Your car WILL blow up if it is not tuned properly, that setup pushes your cr through the roof and the clearances become extremely tight. I would suggest not doing it if you dont have the backup cash.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Equil on Oct/07/07 said:
Stock p28 is just as good as the the p72 without a tune. Your car WILL blow up if it is not tuned properly, that setup pushes your cr through the roof and the clearances become extremely tight. I would suggest not doing it if you dont have the backup cash.
IM glad you said that bro...

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
oNISHIMA on Oct/07/07 said:
ok well that answers one thing...TUNING would be the key! but would it run ok as far as daily driving?
No. You're still not understanding. When you get a tune, it makes certain your ignition and fuel tables are correct at all RPMs....if it's not tuned, you will run the risk of detonation....detonation = engine paperweight.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JustinKlemgold on Oct/07/07 said:
Quote: oNISHIMA on Oct/07/07ok well that answers one thing...TUNING would be the key! but would it run ok as far as daily driving?

No. You're still not understanding. When you get a tune, it makes certain your ignition and fuel tables are correct at all RPMs....if it's not tuned, you will run the risk of detonation....detonation = engine paperweight.
Ok thanks man, but Equil already sum it up for me..if noticed i mentioned that AFTER he posted...
but thanx guys i think that sums it up

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
You're looking at a CR over 12:1, I'm sure. C-Speed Racing's Calculator is notoriously low on PCT (CTR) pistons b/c it doesn't account for the different pin height. *Note: The calculator says "New" on the link, so...this may have been fixed. I'm not sure. I'm not positive, but you may want to err on the side of caution and use P30 pistons (JDM B16). They'll give you a nice bump w/o going overboard!

AT LEAST invest in a decent CHIPPED ECU from a reliable tuner. It won't be SPOT oN, but it'll AT LEAST be a Hell of a lot better than a STOCK P28 or P72! I know that John Vega @ Phearable.net chips sells chipped ECUs. You can tell them the specs of your engine and they'll burn a chip that will get you by if you purchase one of their chipped ECUs. It's not going to be as good as I dyno tune, but it'll be a Hell of a lot better than a stock P28 or P72.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
C_Rock77 on Oct/07/07 said:
You're looking at a CR over 12:1, I'm sure. C-Speed Racing's Calculator is notoriously low on PCT (CTR) pistons b/c it doesn't account for the different pin height. *Note: The calculator says "New" on the link, so...this may have been fixed. I'm not sure. I'm not positive, but you may want to err on the side of caution and use P30 pistons (JDM B16). They'll give you a nice bump w/o going overboard!

AT LEAST invest in a decent CHIPPED ECU from a reliable tuner. It won't be SPOT oN, but it'll AT LEAST be a Hell of a lot better than a STOCK P28 or P72! I know that John Vega @ Phearable.net chips sells chipped ECUs. You can tell them the specs of your engine and they'll burn a chip that will get you by if you purchase one of their chipped ECUs. It's not going to be as good as I dyno tune, but it'll be a Hell of a lot better than a stock P28 or P72.

Hmmm well after what the fellas told me above.. I might just hold up on that for awhile..I also plan to get HoNDATA s300 as well too.once i have everything this in place. I'll just keep saving my money..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.