titanium valves and retainers
crower turbo cams
turbo back exhaust
intercooler
aem fuel rail and fpr
walbro 255 fuel pump
hard line vacum lines
aem adj cam gears

I have money already saved up i just have to decide motor or motorcycle. but what do you guys think of my plans i gotta do some more research but. and any estimates on power.

PS. theres more parts i need i know but those are the big parts

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You have money in the wrong place...and a lot of it.

First, if you're really going to do the stroker kit (which I think is a waste when doing FI), then the t28 is a joke. It will flow maybe enough air to make power below 3-4k RPM. After that it will probably be all hot air.

Second, you will probably need 440cc injectors with the stroker kit alone! Much less boosting.

Third: AEM fuel rail and FPR...I don't know why people still don't get this, but the OEM fuel system is good for up to about 500 WHP. And if you do plan on making this kind of power, then you seriously need to rethink injector and turbocharger sizing.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Turbo = too small.

STroke kit = no. Read the article about it.

Low compression = no. Read up about lowering compression with your turbo setup.

·
Registered
479 Posts
"I saved thousands of dollars on my engine build by switching to TI"

i doubt you are shooting for over 550whp so here's what you shouldnt get:

dont buy the stroker kit, dont buy the crower cams, dont buy the fuel pressure regulator, dont buy the fuel rail, dont buy titanium valves, dont buy the block brace, dont get the 440cc injectors. and i wouldnt buy the aem cam gears.

i can give better suggestions on what you should buy if you list your power goals, and what the car is being used for.

·
Registered
92 Posts
JustinKlemgold on Oct/05/07 said:
Turbo = too small.

LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!! Read up on everything that you think you might want to know later on down the road with your TEG or any vehicle for that matter. There are some great write ups on this site, thanks MD! As a new guy myself I suggest you start here http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=115284. From this page alone I have been introduced to so much and I still have a long way to go before I actually know anything.

Quote: mike_at_synapse on Oct/05/07 "I saved thousands of dollars on my engine build by switching to TI"

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
PYST187 on Oct/05/07 said:
Quote: JustinKlemgold on Oct/05/07Turbo = too small.

LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!! Read up on everything that you think you might want to know later on down the road with your TEG or any vehicle for that matter. There are some great write ups on this site, thanks MD! As a new guy myself I suggest you start here http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=115284. From this page alone I have been introduced to so much and I still have a long way to go before I actually know anything.

Quote: mike_at_synapse on Oct/05/07"I saved thousands of dollars on my engine build by switching to TI"
Thats s good post right there.

Also the FI section HERE will be of some help

DP

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you do realize that noone had one good thing to say or suggestions this site is getting really rediculous if anybody has anything to say positive please let me know

·
Registered
157 Posts
integraliv on Oct/04/07 said:
Ok so im planning my motor build im thinking

Eagle stroker to 2.1 L
Low compression
Block brace
Stroker comes with Crank connection rods and pistons
t28 turbo
ramhorn turbo manifold
dual valve springs
titanium valves and retainers
crower turbo cams
hondata
turbo back exhaust
injectors 440

aem fuel rail and fpr
walbro 255 fuel pump
hard line vacum lines
aem adj cam gears

I have money already saved up i just have to decide motor or motorcycle. but what do you guys think of my plans i gotta do some more research but. and any estimates on power.

PS. theres more parts i need i know but those are the big parts

Thanks Guys
I have money already saved up i just have to decide motor or motorcycle.

GET A BIKE!!!!! I was gonna turbo my teg, till a buddy of mine talked me into getting a bike. 03' Honda 600RR to be exact. Best purchase I have EVER made! GET A BIKE!!!

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
integraliv on Oct/05/07 said:
you do realize that noone had one good thing to say or suggestions this site is getting really rediculous if anybody has anything to say positive please let me know
Would you like us to lie to you and tell you that your setup is awesome???

We're trying to save you money and potential engine failure by shooting you straight without the sugar coat. I know you're enthusiastic, but you have to take the time to learn EVERYTHING about boosting a honda BEFORE you buy the parts. It's true that some things are only learned with experience, but keep in mind, a lot of people have turbo'd hondas. Benefit from their experiences and mistakes by not making the same ones.

1st thing you need to do: set a power goal. if you don't have one or are not sure, ride in someone's honda that has close to what you are looking for in terms of response and feel and ask them for a dyno chart or HP/TQ numbers

from there, decide what the primary use of the vehicle will be: daily driver / street legal, drag car, auto-x, road course, a mix of them, etc...

·
Registered
92 Posts

Untrue, sir. I suggested you read the write up on engine modification and upgrades for new comers written by MD. That was positive input. I had nothing to tell you that the article couldn't say better. Incase you missed it, here it is again http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=115284

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
What I'm hearing is you want spoonfed. Which isn't going to fly here. So if that's "rediculous" then yeah, this site isn't for you.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
No one in their right mind is going to tell you positive things about a setup with that many holes in it. Do some research, and dont ask for our advice if youre not going to listen to it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.