Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd get a distribution block ( splits your power wire into two) to run power to both amps. As for your RCA's, i'd just suggest you run them from the deck if you have multiple outputs.

·
Registered
474 Posts
make sure your power wire is 4 aug. 8 wont cut it. And +1 on the two remote wires. If youre HU doesnt have 2 sets of rca outs for 4 channels and another set for the sub then run the rca's to the 4channel first then run from the rca outs from the 4ch to the 2 ch. THe 4 ch will send lows to the rca outs for you.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The 4 gauge is thicker than the 8. You run the 4 gauge from the battery to the amp location. THe 4 gauge goes into the distribution block and two 8 gauges will come out to power both amps.

·
Registered
293 Posts
GunNam on Jan/20/06 said:
Personally, I would run a relay on the remote wire. I've been told that 2 amps running the same remote wire wouldn't fry out the lead on the receiver, but I would rather play it safe. The relay will turn the amps on 1 by 1, not at the same time.
not true! Your aftermarket headunit should be able to op two aftermarket amp with no problems. If it is more then three then you should look into a relay. Or one amp a a power ant. then look into a relay. most aftermarket headunits have a amp turn on and a ant turn on to avoid theses problems

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
wrx-killer is right, for just two amps, your remote turn-on should be fine. The turn-on draws very little current, as it simply causes a relay to close inside the amp.

However, GunNam is also right, for the $2 for a relay, you could buy a little peace of mind, just in case.

Also, I saved a few bucks and bought a very large butt connector to connect my 4 gauge to a pair of 8 gauge, soldered the wiring, crimped the butt terminal over it, and taped it, and it's been fine for 2+ years. Distribution blocks are good for looks, but aren't necessary.

Also, you'll need to make sure that your inline fuse (near the battery) can support both amp's power draw - if you had one amp, with a 25 amp fuse, and another that requires a 50 amp fuse, you'll need to change to a 75 amp fuse under the hood - you could probably get away with just a 50 amp, both me and a close friend are 'under-fused' by a similar amount, and neither of us blow fuses.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.