Team Integra Forums banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/v/cxH2jYTTFgg&hl=en_US&fs=1&

There you go lindsey. Damn good build. Looks like you still have some little things to clean up but you did a damn good job.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
JaredP on May/13/10 said:
your not running a fuel filter? why not?
lots of newer vehicles don't even come with fuel filters anymore. just the sock on the pump. the car doesnt see to many km's either. also a filter restricts flow to a degree as well. it was just a lot cleaner without one.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice build! I am in the middle of doing a wire tuck and your car is an inspiration to me :)
What kind of proportioning valve/booster/MC are you using? I am about to take out my ABS . . . . .

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
lindseyhunt1090 on May/13/10 said:
Quote: JaredP on May/13/10your not running a fuel filter? why not?

lots of newer vehicles don't even come with fuel filters anymore. just the sock on the pump. the car doesnt see to many km's either. also a filter restricts flow to a degree as well. it was just a lot cleaner without one.
fair enough. i know how you feel, even the inline earls filters are noticeable if your looking for them, and i can tell you went for the "absolutely no wires" look :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
so today I'm going to remove my oil pan and honda bond the gasket lol. It seems thats the only way i can get the moroso pan to seal lol. I also am going to do my second oil change after 200 kms, then figure out if its my valve cover seal leaking or a cam seal... post later on tonight.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
so everything is going well so far.... BUUTTTTT.. my car doesn't like to idle right. every now and again it will idle good at 1100 rpm witch the tuner set it to in the hondata due to the 1000cc peak and hold injectors. but it usually likes to idle high at 1500... also likes to surge like a vacume leak does. up and down up and down about 600 rpm. i haven't looked to much into it. it could just be something easy the tuner can fix due to some changes in the setup.. its more or less just annoying.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
ahhh the classic honda hot-doggin. haha mine does it too. doesn't hurt anything and the tuner can fix it in about 30 seconds. something with setting it to run a higher RPM, it won't, but will idle better... if i'm wrong someone correct me on here i'm not familiar with tuning techniques, just with the fact that it's easily fixed.

have you cleaned the iacv recently? that can also lead to the same problem

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Usually a bit of duty cycle change will clean it up somewhat. If there are no vac leaks it could be improper fuel level down at idle too which may be hard to tune out with 1k injectors.

You have a injector driver Lindsey or just a resistor box? Sometimes with big injectors an injector driver will really help you clean up idle on peak/hold injectors.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
i just have a resistor box. to tell you the truth when i built this set up originally 3 years ago i thought you needed either or, or that they were the same lol... i know its tough to get the car to idle with the 1000cc peak and holds. you have to run a really low rail pressure and drop the duty cycle to nothing.. but it idled a lot better last year lol.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Tidewatertuning on Jun/06/10 said:
how much would you charge to do this to another dc4?
i dunno lol. never thought about it. im sure i could do it a bit faster this time around because it was was my first time doing this so now i no all the tricks. Im not sure. why you looking for a wire tuck lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its been so long!!!!.. i finally went outside in the cold and worked on my car.. I watched some drag race videos and it got me jacked up so i had to work on it lol.

I finished my front crash bar today. Just modded the brackets and made it out of aluminum.

Here was the proccess.

Here is one of the side crash bar holding bracket..... I dont know what there called...

So i wanted to cut some weight off and some un nessesary metal.

Here is most of the things that were cut off. That peace of aluminum will be replacing the 5 mph crash bar.

This is the finished product before paint. i cut off lots and rounded all of the corners and edges.

Here it is finished. I kinda forgot to take pictures in between

another angle

Here it is mounted on the car

side shot.

Intercooler is now mounted.

Thats all i had the energy to do today. Took me a whole day of cutting and smoothing to make those brackets. I did them last week, just mounted them today. Ill get more done adventually.

Gimme some ideas lol. im lost until i get that mil spec connector.. What can i be doing right now besides playing Modern warfare 2

where can you buy the cut of switch and battery post

·
Registered
215 Posts
Bumping this thread from the dead! A lot of awesome stuff was done in this thread! I'm glad I came across it...OP, how is the car doing now?

121 - 139 of 139 Posts