Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im selling my Teg on monday and going to look at a 98 GSR guy says it has a B18C JDM Type-R motor, but didnt the JDM GSR motor also say B18C on it to? I just want to make sure this guy isnt ripping me off how can i be sure??

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Find out if he's selling the ECU that matches the motor. If so, the ECU P/N will tell you. Both the P72/P73 stamp and the B18C/B18C1 stamps tell you all you need.

JDM B18C Type R
ECU code: P73-003 (96specR) P73-013 (98specR)

JDM B18C

ECU code: P72

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
The USDM GSR and ITR blocks have a number after the B18C stamp, and the JDM GSR and ITR blocks do not. Both the JDM GSR and ITR blocks say just B18C

On the head, look for the aforementioned PR3 stamp. Also look for the lack of VTEC pressure switch on the VTEC solenoid (the pressure switch is a green plug that comes off the side of the solenoid...if it has the pressure switch, then it's a USDM head, or someone swapped the USDM solenoid on to it) and the light green paint on the rear mounting point for the distributor on the head.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
The USDM GSR and ITR blocks have a number after the B18C stamp, and the JDM GSR and ITR blocks do not. Both the JDM GSR and ITR blocks say just B18C

On the head, look for the aforementioned PR3 stamp. Also look for the lack of VTEC pressure switch on the VTEC solenoid (the pressure switch is a green plug that comes off the side of the solenoid...if it has the pressure switch, then it's a USDM head, or someone swapped the USDM solenoid on to it) and the light green paint on the rear mounting point for the distributor on the head.
You talking about this green plug? If so, all the motors, JDM and USDM have them. My motor is indeed JDM, ordered it myself, and the head came with it..:biggrin:

OP, this is what you look for on the head..This is the GSR head.

Also, if it don't have a aftermarket intake, the GSR one looks like this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive also heard the ITRs come with the Oil Cooler on the back side by the JDM engines, Just underneath the Intake Manifold. I order my 98 spec from TorontoJDM, i have no green plug but all the serial numbers you mention match up, and i also have the Oil Cooler. I will say mine where it says B18C is Red. Does this Red Patch mean anything or is it like that on the 98s.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Ok, so only the JDM type r didn't come with that plug? Now i understand, thought he was saying all the JDM motors came without it..lol

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The JDM itr didnt come with a purge control solenoid a crank fluctuation sensor or CFK sensor on the oil pump and no vtec oil pressure switch. The usdm ITR intake manifold differs from the JDM due to the fitting it utilizes for the puerge control solenoid.
The pic below shows the JDM ITR intake manifold which utilizes this small fitting as a vacuum source. The USDM manifold utilizes the fitting that is blocked off on my JDM intake and it is right about the IAC motor or where it mounts. If you google any usdm itr youll see the PCM mounted to the fire wall with a vacuum line going from the the manifold to the solenoid to the evap canister

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Ok, so only the JDM type r didn't come with that plug? Now i understand, thought he was saying all the JDM motors came without it..lol
That's correct, the JDM ITRs did not come with the VTEC oil pressure switch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts