Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to what methods everyone is using on here to store track tires over the winter to compare to mine?

I stack them up on their sides and leave them at whatever psi they were when I drove. Is that normal? Safe? I don't want them sitting on their tread and risking warping the tires.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
do you leave them outside? ie. in the garage?
do you stack them on top of eachother? if so, i would assume that teh bottom would be taking more abuse to the sidewall.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently, they're stacked inside my apartment (make a great hallway decoration too). They're Falken Azenis, so the sidewalls are pretty stiff. Should I maybe lay them all out on their sides individually instead? Or is that going too far? Space is a premium in my place, apartments in the city are expensive.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hmm, maybe keep it on the tread, but seperate them.
i honestly dont know if the weight of 3 other rims and tires would do any kind of damage to the bottom one.
keep 1 wheel/tire in each corner of the apt.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
mine are gonna be on the car up on jackstands in my garage to keep any weight off the suspension and tires for a few months. probably gonna drop the tire pressure a bit just so i don't gotta worry about that aspect of it. don't wanna fill 'em up to 45 psi of -20 degree air and have them be up to 70psi in the spring when they thaw out lol.

i'd say stacking them all in one stack should be fine. they don't weight that much. if you can only stack them on the treads, maybe rotate them every few weeks just to keep the weight on a different spot.

i've heard of tires developing flatspots from sittin in one spot for a while with the weight of the car on them, but not just from sitting with no weight on them. actually had that happen to an old 85 chevy (toyota) nova that we had that sat for over a year in the same spot.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I store my toyos in the loft over my garage in the winter and stack them on their sides at normal psi. Never had a problem, done it for three years now.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then it sounds like I am doing it right. My tires won't see any sub-zero Chicago temps though since they're staying inside my apt. for the winter. I don't have garage space for them (apt. garage is communal).

I figure the weight shouldn't be too bad because it's evenly distributed across the sidewall.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts