Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
To get a more neutral setting stiffen up the rear shocks a bit to get less understeer.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
definitely stiffen the rear as much as possible, so you don't get as much squatting. i don't how the fronts need to be. a lot of RWD domestics have mushy stuff up front so it will pivot more weight to the back at the start, so if you wanna counteract that, i'd make everything stiff then.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
the torque will still make the rear squat, so it's a given that they have to be stiff. i'd just assume that the front should be stiff too, so that they might combat the jump in the front, and they'll help dampen out any wheel hop if they're on their stiff setting. personally, at the strip i set my yellows at stiff at all 4 corners, and i get no wheel hop, and minimal rear squat.

·
Registered
711 Posts
DaBoyNBlu on Aug/06/02 said:
the torque will still make the rear squat, so it's a given that they have to be stiff. i'd just assume that the front should be stiff too, so that they might combat the jump in the front, and they'll help dampen out any wheel hop if they're on their stiff setting. personally, at the strip i set my yellows at stiff at all 4 corners, and i get no wheel hop, and minimal rear squat.
front as soft as possible and rear as stiff as possible.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4drGeeZer on Aug/06/02 said:
Quote: DaBoyNBlu on Aug/06/02the torque will still make the rear squat, so it's a given that they have to be stiff. i'd just assume that the front should be stiff too, so that they might combat the jump in the front, and they'll help dampen out any wheel hop if they're on their stiff setting. personally, at the strip i set my yellows at stiff at all 4 corners, and i get no wheel hop, and minimal rear squat. front as soft as possible and rear as stiff as possible.
r ushure? so many different opinions, where are the experts on this one.

·
Registered
711 Posts
rear stiff to keep the front down.. front soft so more power absorbed.. and front and not jerked up..so the point is to keep the front down since we car FWD...

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
don't quite see the logic in that, but ok... absorb power? front not jerked up?

·
Registered
711 Posts
DaBoyNBlu on Aug/07/02 said:
don't quite see the logic in that, but ok... absorb power? front not jerked up?
keeps the front down so you get more power straight to the ground... when the front is still it'll jerk the car back.. which takes power... so when its soft.. it absorbs it and puts the power to the ground...

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
how do squshy shocks keep anything anywhere? when they're mushy, they're a lot easier to move either direction. and when you floor it, the front's not jerked anywhere, the car pivots around the axle and squats the rear. i personally set it all stiff so that the fronts are hard to move at all, reducing the likelyhood of wheelhop.
i guess just try it either way, the general consensus is the rear stiff, and just try the front either way. you might actually find a happy medium, and i for one would like to hear if you find a middleground.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
congrats man, want a cookie?

wtf did you use as a search, cuz i tried a few things and it showed nothin'.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts