Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so it was suggested i remove the power steering from my car since I don't really want to pay a lot to get a new rack and pinion.... so how exactly do I do that?

Its not just running it with no fluid right? What needs to be done to safely remove the power steering?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Quote: redstargsr Recommended tools::
-Gloves
-3/8ths drive ratchet w/ 10mm, 12mm ratches
-small hands and patience

This is a very simple removal and can easily be done at any track. First remove the 10mm bolt standing vertical holding the metal black bracket to the power steering pump. Then remove the 12mm bolt going sideways into the power steering pump. This is very visible and connects with the black metal 'harness' to the engine block (the one that has 2 14's). This will be on the left side of the PS pump. Next, there is a 12mm hidden under the Power steering pump. Your hand should be cramped between the header and under the black metal harness. I recommend using a flashlight to see it first. Loosen that up a couple of turns, but do not take it out. Then it will start to fall. Push it towards the windshield and then pull the belt off. I have heard of overflowing reservoirs and what not, but this is only (or should be) temporary to see if you like it or not.

Good luck, and enjoy the ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts