Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you just take a flat head and pop them off to replace them? or do you have to take off the door panden exe. to remove it from the inside??

·
Registered
807 Posts
i got mine off by scraping the side of my car against a wooden pilar that i didnt see....i guess u could do that...lol j/k...or do it the real way...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh i know there are holes under there but i wasnt sure how to remove the moldings. i am going to be replaceing them with some black ones.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pull the door panel, remove the plastic protection over the holes. There are clips that u insert into the holes. U have to turn the and push out on your panel to get it out. To put it back in, insert the clips into the holes and turn them. The simply slide your molding strip back onto the clips

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pull the door panel, remove the plastic protection over the holes. There are clips that u insert into the holes. U have to turn the and push out on your molding strip to get it out. To put it back in, insert the clips into the holes and turn them. The simply slide your molding strip back onto the clips

·
Registered
47 Posts
my g2 know-how on removing stock sidemoldings:

fender:
-get behind the splash gaurd for the wheel well and squeeze the clips out.

door:
-do not rip them off. i repeat, get in from the inside and squeeze the clips out to prevent damage

Rear quarter panel:
-you have to take out the panels where the strut tower is because the last part is screwed in. but the first few points where it is hooked on are just the regular clips...

now what are your plans? shaving the side moldings, installing jdm moldings?

and please guys, telling him to rip them off. please, that is so unprofessional, and if you guys dont know what you are talking about, recommend somewhere else, or tell him to have it professionally done, it makes me mad that he might have damaged his car.

edit: this mostly goes for g3 drivers. haha it was helpful, but man, his car is a g2, imagine ripping the rear quarter panel molding off, that would be an ouchy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I removed my molding for some JDM ones on the g2 I just pryed them off carefully with a flat object. Sure I broke 2 clips but at least I didnt have to go a remove panels, but if you want it done rite without breaking any clips you gonna want to access the clips from inside the panels and push them out.

Its all up to you on how you want to do it..

·
Registered
461 Posts
i got a plyer and ripped them off in less than 2 minutes...no dents in my car...maybe i got lucky, broke mostly all the clips
but molded anywayz

·
Registered
129 Posts
93WhiteTeg on Mar/04/04 said:
Pull the door panel, remove the plastic protection over the holes. There are clips that u insert into the holes.U have to turn the and push out on your molding strip to get it out. To put it back in, insert the clips into the holes and turn them. The simply slide your molding strip back onto the clips
DO THIS, DoNT JUST PULL THEM OFF.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts