Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, does anyone know how to remove the carpet on the front right passenger side? I spilled 2 cups of coffee and I'm afraid there might be molds forming already. I had molds growing under my rear seats, probably because of the excess leather cleaner...anyways, can anyone help please?

·
Registered
479 Posts
MorningZ, i want to take out the carpet without splicing it in the middle because all im planning on doing is takeing it out and cleaning it. so basically i plan on putting it back in so basically i want to know if you can take out the carpeit without cutting it in the middle keeping in mind that im going to place the carpets back

Thanks in Advance
MorningZ

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
IntegraMoster89 on Oct/07/07 said:
so if i do what he said...which is take off everything that is attactched to the carpet i could just easily lift it up and take it out right?
correct. i took the seats out of my 'tegra and was left with...

good luck :)

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
quit postin' and get out there and dooo it
it isn't hard at all to remove the seats and console. the front seats, IIRC have 2 bolts each at front and rear, and my experience with removing my rears won't help since you most likely have a hatch. the console is CAKE to take apart, the **** is all self-explanatory. there is a plastic screw cover in the console area... god, how do i explain... where the armrest piece meets the shifter bezel piece... pop that out and there are 2 screws there, then you can see screws on the sides all the way back. easy peasy 1-2-threezy

·
Registered
720 Posts
This can be VERY time consuming if you're replacing the carpet with non-OEM carpet. I replaced mine on the hottest day of the summer and it took hours. With the non-OEM carpet nothing is cut so it takes awhile for it to be fit perfectly. Originally I thought it would be cake just use the OEM carpet as a template---yeh that doesn't work because the carpet is exactly the same (close but not perfect). Plus it being so damn hot it didn't help at all but the results were doable. I read Z's article when he did his carpet install and I ran into ALL of the same problems. The fitment is less than perfect to say the least lol.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
IntegraMoster89 on Oct/08/07 said:
lol ok ill just go do it someone woke up on the wrong side of them bed...probably even on the floor lol
lol... the wink was me encouraging you and saying not to stress because it is easier than it looks!

·
Registered
479 Posts
yea but there was a case where the rug ended up brown instead of black, i also saw an artical where the guy used duplicolor viynle and fabric paint and just spray painted it but i dont want my carpet to get messed up cuz then i feel guilty lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
You might run into some trouble with the part behind the center console near the fire wall. That's where I had trouble with. I got lazy and just used a razor to cut it since it's not seen anyways.

·
Registered
479 Posts
but the queastion is should i buy duplicolor and spray paint the rug black? would i stay balck being that the paint is black im assuming it would lol? but i really dont want my rug another color besides black

·
Registered
297 Posts
i'ma do this too pretty soon -- my gray carpet is nasty from the previous owner. Not really wanting to use Rit Dye.. seems too messy and time consuming, and some of the pictures I've seen done turn out purpleish black. I'm definitely gonna pressure wash it to get out whatever dirt I can first.
I'm still researching on the fabric sprays.. Here are some vital links.. maybe you or anyone else can help with the decision. There isn't much info on TI about fabric spray.
TI Thread
The Simply Spray Upholstery Fabric Spray looks pretty promising.. Check out these links for it:
Demo

2nd Link
The above link is $14.99 for an 8 oz. can.. That's a lil pricey, since I'm not even sure how well it works.. and if it does, not sure how well the carpet will eat it up. The site says to see how our carpet reacts to water, and it will be the same for the spray.. so I'll have to do that.
I also found this product on eBay for $55 shipped for 6 8oz. cans, so approximately $9 a can.
btw, change the topic subject, so that people can search for this thread on both removing and spray painting carpet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts