Team Integra Forums banner

How to purchase rims....

895 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  96dc2 
#1 ·
I was wondering what differences, other than weight, play a part in a price of a rim. I see for instance Konig Verdict 17's for about a 1000 with tires. Now in like magazines..you'll see look alikes for like 699 with tires. Are you only paying for the name? or are there actual features of a rim..like high quality clear coat or something. Someone please school me on this topic because i do not want to spend a grand on rims...to have them be of not high quality. Thanks

#2 ·
name brand has alot to do with prices of a rim. no name knockoffs are always cheaper - to say they are of the same quality or not.. i am not sure

you can either buy Honey Nut Cherios for $5.00 or Honey Oat Circles for $3.00... it comes down to personal preference.

#6 ·
yeah, ricky's rims are beautiful...:embarassed: i actually have a picture of his car on my desktop. The one he posted photoshopped with gloss gray on the back, with a maroon type in the front...thats a beautiful combo. Anyways..thanks for all the replies, and screw spending more for name brands.

#8 ·
konigs aren't like super rims, to get real nice rims, go with forged not cast alloys. Forged is stronger, like spoons or ssr's or racing harts. $$$ for quality. I have konigs, don't get me wrong, good rims, the traffiks are nice, but you can get better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.