Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 94' LS, white. Anyone have any tips on how to take off the ugly black side guards and paint them to match the body paint? Should I use a primer then paint them or can I just sand them down and paint them? Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
i got some spray paint that matched perfectly to my color..im gonna try it out and see how it works. if it looks good it would have only costed like 8 bucks in all

·
Registered
523 Posts
thats when you take all of the spray paint off and then take it to a pro. I know someone who spray painted theirs and they look good so i thought i would try it

·
Registered
252 Posts
I say go for the painting it yourself try. I painted my stock side skirts white. Just find the best possible match to your paint (I used Plastikotes Import Color Frost White for my 96 GSR...good matchup) It wasnt exactly the greatest paint job ever, and its already 3 months old and there are some parts that are coming off on the underside, but it ended up being about 30 bucks TOTAL. All I need to do is touch them up with the paint I have left over again with a couple of coats and some clear coat and they will go another 3 months. Temporary solution until I get a full body kit. The side molds are a different story though, may look strange if you dont get a good match. I say give it a whirl and take it to a shop if it doesnt work out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts