Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what subs sound like if the box(sealed) they are in have a leak in it?

how do you know if the box is leakin?

·
Registered
42 Posts
if you push on the cone when the system is off and you can hear the air escaping, well... But if it is small, when you do the same thing, the cone shouldn't move too much, it should be kinda stiff. hope that helps.

·
Registered
711 Posts
take the box out.. set it on the floor toss powder(any light type) on the box.. tell some one to turn it up.. and watch for flying powder...

That's all i can think of... cause last time i had saw dust on it.. and when i turn it up i saw flying saw dust... so i thought of this...

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Quote: 4drGeeZer on Aug/06/02 take the box out.. set it on the floor toss powder(any light type) on the box.. tell some one to turn it up.. and watch for flying powder...

That's all i can think of... cause last time i had saw dust on it.. and when i turn it up i saw flying saw dust... so i thought of this...
powder its going to jump of the vibration.

If you feel air comming out. I **** the inside the box around the eges (all of them).

·
Registered
711 Posts
phatintegra on Aug/06/02 said:
Quote: 4drGeeZer on Aug/06/02take the box out.. set it on the floor toss powder(any light type) on the box.. tell some one to turn it up.. and watch for flying powder...

powder its going to jump of the vibration.

If you feel air comming out. I **** the inside the box around the eges (all of them).
its Clauk not ****...lol you do need more sleep

·
Registered
711 Posts
94gsr4d on Aug/06/02 said:
Quote: its Clauk not ****...lol you do need more sleep
actually its caulk not Clauk...it looks like you need more sleep [/quote]
o shizz.... lol well its almost 4am in cali.. so yea i'm about to..

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I think I need more sleep (I only got about 3hr)its like 6am (E.time)Im at work, oh well If I crash on my desk in my office I dont give a Sh*t what my bosses think.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Type R if you want to check it for leaks this is something else you could do. Turn you stereo on and put in a nice bass heavy CD. Turn it up to a moderate level and put your hands around the edge your woofer. Move them around the whole edge and see if you feel any air coming out. Do the same thing for every seem on your box. If you feel any air then you have a leak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts