Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
i put my on the pass. side and mounted the left side of the civic rad. and it stays there (left side of the Civic rad. to the left side of the integra holes)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
there is an thread in here somewhere where a member made his own mount allowing the half sized radiator to be installed in the factory mounts and no cutting and welding on the car was involved. You should look for it and check it out, its really interesting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
he got it from a company that I think went defunct a while back. I took a spot weld bit and drilled out the spot welds and then used steel self tapping screws and it actually worked out great. It is in there solid as a rock and I have no aspirations of my car becoming a show piece, soo it works! It's pretty simple this way as you don't have to grind off your paint in order for someone to weld them on and my way is completely reversible with minimal work!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
gsrflyboy on Oct/11/07 said:
he got it from a company that I think went defunct a while back. I took a spot weld bit and drilled out the spot welds and then used steel self tapping screws and it actually worked out great. It is in there solid as a rock and I have no aspirations of my car becoming a show piece, soo it works! It's pretty simple this way as you don't have to grind off your paint in order for someone to weld them on and my way is completely reversible with minimal work!
I like your idea. I am going to remember that if/when I install one.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
My OEM radiator blew on a trip to NOPI and I had no choice but to get a Civic radiator. I just flipped the left radiator bracket upside down and using a nut/bolt, bolted through the hole for the rt radiator foot to rest on. It's been that way since June.

·
Registered
734 Posts
ferrariboy1989 on Oct/11/07 said:
Why would someone want a civic radiator anyway? does it look cleaner? and wouldn't it affect cooling. It may be a dumb question, but i'm just curious
For the most part, it's because a civic sized radiator will not come in the way of certain headers and turbo manifolds, or even the turbo itself. For example, Headers like Highend extends out longer than others and will not fit with the stock size radiator. Also, when you go boost, there are certain designs (top mount, some ram horn, etc...) that require a half sized radiator.

As far as cooling goes, there's no difference. My friend's been using one on his boosted teg for over 2 years, he hasn't had a single problem with his radiator yet.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have my half rad just sitting in place with a zip tie holding the top bracket to the rad support. Works fine. My temps are higher though, it used to run n/a at 1/4 up on the temp gauge. now it runs almost half up on the gauge. Not sure if its because its now boosted or because of the half rad. I'm replacing it with a thicker all aluminum half rad and will be making nice mounts then. If it matters I am running a 10" slim line electric fan on it, it runs most of the time ;)

Call it rigged but hey it works and my car is far from a pile o ****.

dK

·
Registered
448 Posts
If you search "mishimoto radiator review" and go to page 7, I posted some 3d pics of how to make a "rail" you can mount a half size radiator to. No modification of the car required and is totally revertable. Mine is still holding up great to this day and I believe another user tried it and had good results.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.