Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Force1stiptoppe on Jan/27/06 said:
Well the cool thing about installing a lip is u have 2 choices of doing it, either a glue gun, or scotch tape. Personally i prefer the glue gun, but its all up to u.
there is really no need for a reply like that....can't we be adults here?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yeah be nice Force1stiptoppe LOL... since the question was vague, his response was acceptable i think... yeah, what kind of lip? some lip adds on the bumper and on some, you'll have to take part of the bumper off...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would also like to know.

I just bought a Type-R style Front lip for my 1999 GS-R. I think it comes with some screws, not sure. But i would like to know exactly how to install it too :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
since no one else really feels like helping............

it depends on the material of the lip. You have to be more careful with fiberglass or ABS plastic. Urethane is a bit more forgiving.

I have the comptech version of the type r lip (Urethane). first, you definitely need the two self tapping screws that hold the lip on the sides. 2 per side. The next part it optional. Most lips come with double sided tape for the middle part of the lip between the new lip and the lower portion of the air dam on the stock bumper. I chose to use it, because it is just added strength ensuring that the lip stays 100% in place. Plus, i didnt want it vibrating on there. To put it on i usually get two people. one person hold one side in place, and the other can use a hair dryer or heat gun to warm and "stretch" the lip around the other side. Then just make sure it is lined up and where you want it before you start the screws........pm me if you have any other questions------its really pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Heres a post I started about the 94-97 ITR Lip Install. Its probably the best installation posts for that style lip. Hope it might help the OP and anyone else needing info about it. To answer the OP's question, theres many ways to install a lip. The ITR Lip i had requires some brackets that fit in oem slots under our bumper as you can see in the link im providing. It all depends on what kind of lip you get.

94-97 ITR Lip Install

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.