Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at putting the RSX's spare tire self-amplified Bose subwoofer in my G3. I have a Pioneer head unit and am curious as to how I'd hook this sub up?

It is self-amplified, so how does it connect to my headunit -- the preamp output? My headunit has a setting if you have a subwoofer hooked up (IIRC it's called Front+SW).

(Sorry for the stupid question, I know zilch about car audio installation)

·
Registered
392 Posts
From everything I read, it sounds like butt. Although, if you are going to use it anyways...

If it has rca inputs, connect those. Connect the 12v+ to an contant or the battery, ground it, then connect the remote turn on lead to your cd player. If it has an internal amp.

But knowing bose, it'll most likely have speaker inputs, so hook up the power and use your rear speaker output of your cd player.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the manual, my headunit has:

-RCA Preouts (x1 pair) (Rear or Subwoofer) (2V)
-Sub-Out LPF (50/80/125Hz, -18dB/Oct.)
-Sub-Out Level (-12dB to +12dB) and Phase Control

I e-mailed Crutchfield to ask for their advice.

ClubRSX writeup...I think I might try this

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much? The Bose spare tire sub usually goes for about $75. Again, I hate thumping bass, I just need something with controlled bass. I already have an upgraded head unit and upgraded speakers (Polk EX365 in front, Infinity Reference 652i in rear).

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
its next to impossible to tie together "Bose OEM" (which is what that that RSX woofer is) and aftermarket OEM stuff.... the door is wide open for noise, incompatibility, bad sound, mismatched sound...

good luck with it, but as someoen who did car audio for 8 years, i wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot poll.... the Bose stuff simply isn't meant to be pieced apart

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
plus...one of the reasons taht your parents cars sound good, is that all of the components are tied togeather, and tuned togeather...mismatching them simply wont do....want some nice easy controled bass....get a single 10".....I have a 10" q logic sealed box, and a pair of pioneer 200watt amps, just sitting around....get a nice pioneer 10" for 50 or so, and you will have an excellent sound for around 200 or so (pm me if your interested...awesome price for my stuff, its just taking up room)...

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/15/04 said:
Actually I really like the Infinity BassLink -- only takes up about 0.75 cu. ft. and has a self-amplified 10" woofer.
I listened to a basslink, their alright, but I wasnt too impressed with low-end response. It's all personal preference though, it's impossible to know what exactly another person is looking for.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.