Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to take that off the back of my car and i wanted to no if it will damage the paint or anything like that?

·
Registered
897 Posts
dont we all

·
Registered
476 Posts
someone stole mines.. i think they just ripped it off or somethin.. it left some smudges.. but you could buff it off.. damn the ppl who stole my emblem.. hope they rot in hell.. haha not really.. but yea.. i dont' think it'll do much damage to your paint..

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Yo, ve3tgsrbOi, if he is taking his off that means he doesn't want it...and it sounds like you want one, so maybe he'll sell it to you...just a thought...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i have a brand new one never used if anyone is interested, i never put mine on after the accident and has been sitting there for 3 years now.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would use a Heat Gun (or Hair Dryer) to warm it up a little then carefully and slowly pry it off with my fingers. There will be a little residue left over from the glue. I would use tar/adhesive remover to get the gunk off. Rubbing alcohol may work as well. This is how I get the damn stickers and plates off that the dealer loves to put on cars.
--Tony

·
Registered
391 Posts
Don't apply that much heat, just warm it a little to get it so that you can wiggle it by hand. I'm a little paranoid about peeling off the paint, so I always take this extra step.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i've taken that off my car, it usually comes off really easy, leaving almost no residue behind- then you can like stick it on the inside of your car

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'd heat it up a little, took mine off really slowly in average temp weather and it pulled some paint off with it.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Aug/27/02 said:
Quote: gurbz on Aug/27/02i want one!...i can pretend to have a V-tec...no one will know
Until you hammer the gas and get your ass kicked.
lol The idea is to stick your nose in the air and pretend you're too proud to race.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts